There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ex-Dolphin Ex-Niner Marlon Moore Back with the Fins

Manningham likely wont be ready now for opening day, so Moore and Lockette could stay. Mario stays on PUP, he has a $1.25m guarantee now or his base for injury only, so he needs to be healthy before any release.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by niners94:
Marlon Moore is the missing piece. Dynasty, baby!

I don't think he even makes the roster. Lol

Yeah, I know.

What if this guy ends up working his way up to number two on the depth chart and has a pro bowl season.

He was a standout ST player for them so that's what he'll hang his hat on. Anything, else is just going to be gravy.

He said he wants to be good in ST and help out the recieving corps. Hopefully he's like Ginn, only he can run routes and can catch the ball. Wouldn't that be something?
This guy may fill an important role next season. What if Spillman becomes the starter at safety, Moore may need to take his place as gunner. Even if not, he's still needed at gunner opposite Spillman.

And Moore's got some experience returning kickoffs and punts, in case he's needed there.

He's a good sized, speedy, and tough WR who appears to be versatile. If he's more motivated than Ginn was (who didn't seem interested until the playoffs), then he may be a keeper.

I could see the Niners keeping 6 WRs on the 53 this year: Crabs, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Moore and Lockett. (Or a rookie if Manningham starts off on IR) They make room for the extra WR by cutting Brian Jennings and using Kilgore as long snapper and special teams center.

Just a hunch. A possibilty.

Maybe.

Are we already counting Jenkins out completely then?
Originally posted by ninermedic:

Yeah, I know.

What if this guy ends up working his way up to number two on the depth chart and has a pro bowl season.

He was a standout ST player for them so that's what he'll hang his hat on. Anything, else is just going to be gravy.

He said he wants to be good in ST and help out the recieving corps. Hopefully he's like Ginn, only he can run routes and can catch the ball. Wouldn't that be something?
This guy may fill an important role next season. What if Spillman becomes the starter at safety, Moore may need to take his place as gunner. Even if not, he's still needed at gunner opposite Spillman.

And Moore's got some experience returning kickoffs and punts, in case he's needed there.

He's a good sized, speedy, and tough WR who appears to be versatile. If he's more motivated than Ginn was (who didn't seem interested until the playoffs), then he may be a keeper.

I could see the Niners keeping 6 WRs on the 53 this year: Crabs, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Moore and Lockett. (Or a rookie if Manningham starts off on IR) They make room for the extra WR by cutting Brian Jennings and using Kilgore as long snapper and special teams center.

Maybe.

of course he is,
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Yeah, I know.

Maybe.

of course he is,

Not an uncommon school of thought. Jenkins was seriously disappointing.
Let's bring this thread back.

Not just because I started it

Moore made a spectacular catch in the broncos game, and the reports out of camp have been really encouraging. #2 WR?

Moore made a spectacular catch in the broncos game, and the reports out of camp have been really encouraging. #2 WR?

He nearly let it go through his hands. Caught it with his forearms. He's doing something right. Got snaps with the 1st team offense.
Originally posted by thl408:

He nearly let it go through his hands. Caught it with his forearms. He's doing something right. Got snaps with the 1st team offense.

tony romo nearly got the hold right for that kick

As of now, I think he's our #2. Great story. When first signed I assumed he was just a camp body. Now he has a great shot at being a starter. I think he's a lock for the 53. Scouting report says he's a good special teams player too if needed in that capacity.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Hes not our #2. Kyle Williams will be our #2 because he has multiple years in the playbook and hers a very good receiver. I could see Moore being the #3 guy though
He's number 2 with Williams and Manningham out with injuries. Then he drops to number 4 ... until Patton comes back maybe ... then maybe he's 4 or 5 ... if they keep 6 WRs that last spot is between Jenkins, Lockette, Collie, Hall, et al. Brutal.
tony romo nearly got the hold right for that kick

What a I meant was, a clean catch is better execution than a shaky one. He did a nice job giving Kap a target on that play.

Moore was originally signed on for STs I believe. If he becomes the #2, he probably won't play STs coverage.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

I'm not counting AJJ out just yet and I do like Moore's chances of getting on the 53...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
He will be the next Tedd Ginn on the offense, something AJ was suppose to be. If Chad Hall or Austin Collie don't make the squad, this is the guy I hope does.
I liked him the moment he set foot into the facility. I like what he stands for, right from the word go he already said he would do anything that Harbaugh asks of him. He is a team guy and with all his hard work he doesn't have to just settle for ST anymore. He is grabbing his opportunity by its neck and running with it.

I would love to see him getting more balls thrown his way and continues to make plays. Even when Kyle comes back he is still a solid 3 at this point. I would like to see Kap unleash things a bit in the next game so we will have a chance to see bigger plays to better guage all the WRs.
^^ Me too. I like the kid...could be a great find by Baalke.