Ex-Dolphin Ex-Niner Marlon Moore Back with the Fins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by niners94:
Marlon Moore is the missing piece. Dynasty, baby!

I don't think he even makes the roster. Lol

Yeah, I know.

What if this guy ends up working his way up to number two on the depth chart and has a pro bowl season.

He was a standout ST player for them so that's what he'll hang his hat on. Anything, else is just going to be gravy.

He said he wants to be good in ST and help out the recieving corps. Hopefully he's like Ginn, only he can run routes and can catch the ball. Wouldn't that be something?
This guy may fill an important role next season. What if Spillman becomes the starter at safety, Moore may need to take his place as gunner. Even if not, he's still needed at gunner opposite Spillman.

And Moore's got some experience returning kickoffs and punts, in case he's needed there.

He's a good sized, speedy, and tough WR who appears to be versatile. If he's more motivated than Ginn was (who didn't seem interested until the playoffs), then he may be a keeper.

I could see the Niners keeping 6 WRs on the 53 this year: Crabs, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Moore and Lockett. (Or a rookie if Manningham starts off on IR) They make room for the extra WR by cutting Brian Jennings and using Kilgore as long snapper and special teams center.

Just a hunch. A possibilty.

Maybe.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
This guy may fill an important role next season. What if Spillman becomes the starter at safety, Moore may need to take his place as gunner. Even if not, he's still needed at gunner opposite Spillman.

And Moore's got some experience returning kickoffs and punts, in case he's needed there.

He's a good sized, speedy, and tough WR who appears to be versatile. If he's more motivated than Ginn was (who didn't seem interested until the playoffs), then he may be a keeper.

I could see the Niners keeping 6 WRs on the 53 this year: Crabs, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Moore and Lockett. (Or a rookie if Manningham starts off on IR) They make room for the extra WR by cutting Brian Jennings and using Kilgore as long snapper and special teams center.

Maybe.
No no NO NO NOOOOO!!!!! En to the double Oh NO. A huge emphasis of this offseason was to improve our special teams play. Cutting Brian Jennings would completely negate that.

We had 6 WR's last year and we found room to keep Jennings. We'll likely do the same again.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Mar 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Maybe.
No no NO NO NOOOOO!!!!! En to the double Oh NO. A huge emphasis of this offseason was to improve our special teams play. Cutting Brian Jennings would completely negate that.

We had 6 WR's last year and we found room to keep Jennings. We'll likely do the same again.
So, . . . you disagree?

lol.

I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. At some point Jennings will move on. Kilgore was being groomed to replace him. Will it be this year?

Speed kills, and that has been the case for ever. If moore is that fast, there goes a big improvement in ST immediately. If he can play elsewhere, ie wr, even better. The speed should give him a chance to show if he is ready for the bigs at WR, eg #4 or #5 WR.
He is this years Rock Cartwright, if he competes enough at the WR position while showing he is a special teams stand out he will stick. Losing Colin Jones hurt us more than people like to believe, he may not of made the tackle but he was always first in the returners face with that speed, messing up their blocking schemes on the return. Moore has a chance to be that guy.
Originally posted by 5280High:
He is this years Rock Cartwright, if he competes enough at the WR position while showing he is a special teams stand out he will stick. Losing Colin Jones hurt us more than people like to believe, he may not of made the tackle but he was always first in the returners face with that speed, messing up their blocking schemes on the return. Moore has a chance to be that guy.

Very much agreed. Jones could fly.
He wasn't a very good tackler (my suspicion as to why he was traded), but he disrupted the returner just about every kick/punt.
All Costanzo had to do was mop up.
So far we have crabtree, boldin, manningham, williams, jenkins, lockette, moore, hastings, and hall set to battle it out for 5 or six roster spots i would expect one or two more picked up before tc also to battle out for 5 or 6 roster spots. This should be an eventful offseason.

Maybe.

He's the new younger, Ginn. Does he has Ginn speed?
Who's that jones guy who played WR we signed from Tennessee a few years back on day one of free agency. This has all the makings of that haha
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Who's that jones guy who played WR we signed from Tennessee a few years back on day one of free agency. This has all the makings of that haha

If only he stayed healthy. He had pillow hands.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Marlon Moore vs Lockette for the last WR spot IMO.

agree, and the fact this guy plays special teams and can return punts and kicks gives him the heads up right now, in my opinion
Manningham likely wont be ready now for opening day, so Moore and Lockette could stay. Mario stays on PUP, he has a $1.25m guarantee now or his base for injury only, so he needs to be healthy before any release.

Yeah, I know.

What if this guy ends up working his way up to number two on the depth chart and has a pro bowl season.

He was a standout ST player for them so that's what he'll hang his hat on. Anything, else is just going to be gravy.

He said he wants to be good in ST and help out the recieving corps. Hopefully he's like Ginn, only he can run routes and can catch the ball. Wouldn't that be something?

Maybe.

Are we already counting Jenkins out completely then?
Originally posted by ninermedic:

Yeah, I know.

Maybe.

of course he is,
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by ninermedic:

Yeah, I know.

Maybe.

of course he is,

Not an uncommon school of thought. Jenkins was seriously disappointing.
Share 49ersWebzone