There are 196 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ex-Dolphin Ex-Niner Marlon Moore Back with the Fins

Originally posted by AmpLee:
The greatest part of this post, through all your gloating, lies on the second tweet down. Goldson finished 16th in safety ratings yet he is the highest paid safety in the league. Do you understand why bringing him back was not a financially smart thing to do?

this is Moore's thread.

but as far as Goldson, I understand why we did not bring him back THIS year.....but I felt we should've extended him last year..or the year before that, way before extending Rogers and Brooks and others.... we could've still resigned Rogers and Brooks, but at cheaper deals. Should've took care of Goldson. Just like in the Flacco situation...they could've got him MUCH cheaper than what they eventually had to settle for, but they took a chance. As far as right now, if we can get Woodson and Nnambi, then I'm cool with that.

where the f**k was I lying...wtf are you talking about?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
The greatest part of this post, through all your gloating, lies on the second tweet down. Goldson finished 16th in safety ratings yet he is the highest paid safety in the league. Do you understand why bringing him back was not a financially smart thing to do?

this is Moore's thread.

but as far as Goldson, I understand why we did not bring him back THIS year.....but I felt we should've extended him last year..or the year before that, way before extending Rogers and Brooks and others.... we could've still resigned Rogers and Brooks, but at cheaper deals. Should've took care of Goldson. Just like in the Flacco situation...they could've got him MUCH cheaper than what they eventually had to settle for, but they took a chance. As far as right now, if we can get Woodson and Nnambi, then I'm cool with that.

The Niners tried to extend Goldson a couple of years ago, he rejected the offer.
Originally posted by valrod33:
The Niners tried to extend Goldson a couple of years ago, he rejected the offer.

we have gone over this in the Goldson thread....as well as the Spillman thread.

Im glad Goldson is gone, overrated and his play will drop now that he got his money.

Calm down. I said the greatest part lies (ie resides) on the second tweet down.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Calm down. I said the greatest part lies (ie resides) on the second tweet down.

You are not mad, Bro.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Im glad Goldson is gone, overrated and his play will drop now that he got his money.

this times infinity. the shock and awe i got out of his big hits were countered by his inability to tackle in open fields, not play the pass and of course cost us time after time with stupid drive extending penalties. yes i know the refs were against all year long and yes i know they were picking on the 49ers all year long including the super bowl but him diving into piles after plays and taking his helmet off after is just stupid. everyone one of the guys we lost got over payed and i think they will underachieve this year.

I'm disappointed we brought back WookieOfTheYear and gave him his old #.....was hoping he would've signed with the Chiefs during free agency.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
who? Lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Marlon Moore is the missing piece. Dynasty, baby!
Originally posted by mayo49:

I don't think he even makes the roster. Lol
Someone jobless, hungry, and motivated. Makes great camp fodder, never hurts to see what he can do. Fear of being out the league can be a great motivator.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:

Yeah, I know.
Originally posted by niners94:

Yeah, I know.

What if this guy ends up working his way up to number two on the depth chart and has a pro bowl season.
Marlon Moore vs Lockette for the last WR spot IMO.
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Mar 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM ]