There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ex-Dolphin Ex-Niner Marlon Moore Back with the Fins

Dont sleep on Marlon !!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Is in NOT possible to sign a receiver over frickin 6 feet??? We must must have shortest WR corps in the NFL

It is true though...we've got a BOAT load of what I call, micro-WR's. Williams x2 and Manningham injured Jenkins has the build of a 12 year old, this guy now, etc. Crabtree is certainly bigger but I wouldn't classify him as a physical WR at all. Boldin in. We need some men on this team if we'll be facing the do-anything-you-want DB's in Seattle x2 a year.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Now I'm not defending Dahl, since I've never really seen him play, but your argument collapses on itself. If it's a "no-name receiver", why would he command safety help?

And as far as Dahl's positioning is concerned, we have no idea what play was called, judging by how the corner reacted to the ball, it seems that the DBs didn't either. Relax guys, how would you like it if I took a small sample of your work-performance and dissected it? Relax.

AND QUE IN NFL PRIMETIME MUSIC

DIN DIN DON DAAAAAA DIN DIN DON DAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/1/11/3865382/heres-craig-dahls-2012-season-through-gifs

Dahl was signed for three reasons: 1) ST coverage 2) Depth/Competition and 3) He'll bring the Ram's playbook with him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
6'0" is probably the average size for an NFL WR.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/1/11/3865382/heres-craig-dahls-2012-season-through-gifs

How did Goldson grade before 2011, when Baalke and Harbaugh were hired? He sure didn't seem to get much love on the FA market that year. Probably because all the NFL GMs saw this play:

There are plenty more low-lights where that came from.

Funny that he looked like a completely different player with this coaching staff. Makes you wonder if they could make other players better, too.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
How did Goldson grade before 2011, when Baalke and Harbaugh were hired? He sure didn't seem to get much love on the FA market that year. Probably because all the NFL GMs saw this play:

There are plenty more low-lights where that came from.

Funny that he looked like a completely different player with this coaching staff. Makes you wonder if they could make other players better, too.

How did Goldson grade? you tell me? He had a great season in 09..had lower stats in 2010...and bounced back in 11 with a probowl year.

and please show me or give examples of the many "low-lights where that came from"? did you not see almost all of our defenders looking silly on that play.... was Rogers, Brown, Brooks, etc.

For as much hate as Goldson got on our team, there has NEVER been a full article about how horrible he was with numerous gifs of his horrible play.

If you are so confident in our coaching staff, regarding Dhal....I expect you to buy his jersey now while its cheap, if you haven't already....since you know, he'll be a ProBowler by the end of this year and an AllPro by next year.............because of our coaching staff.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM ]
So Marlon Moore eh...
As far as Moore is concerned, I see him as a Ted Ginn, Jr. type-WR with better hands and route running skills. He's will compete for gunner in ST, IMO, and of course the #5 or #6 spot on WR depth.

It's a one year contract folks... Prove it or lose it contract. If we cut during or after TC, no harm no foul. Just another body to try to improve our STs.

The same goes for Dahl. #1 he's a ST guys, #2 provides solid depth, #3 very intelligent (mentor youngins), #4 Like N said, brings RAMS playbook with him.

Moore will be thrown in the mix with Hall and Lockette. My money is on Lockette becoming the breakout WR especially after having an offseason prepping with Kap.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
this is the signing that made the zone crash

Just wait until the draft. When Baalke makes a pick that nobody had in their mock drafts, the zone will probably be down for days.

This. Because I'm sure EVERYONE in the Zone had Aldon Smith and AJ Jenkins as their first picks the last 2 years, right?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
How did Goldson grade? you tell me? He had a great season in 09..had lower stats in 2010...and bounced back in 11 with a probowl year.

and please show me or give examples of the many "low-lights where that came from"? did you not see almost all of our defenders looking silly on that play.... was Rogers, Brown, Brooks, etc.

For as much hate as Goldson got on our team, there has NEVER been a full article about how horrible he was with numerous gifs of his horrible play.

If you are so confident in our coaching staff, regarding Dhal....I expect you to buy his jersey now while its cheap, if you haven't already....since you know, he'll be a ProBowler by the end of this year and an AllPro by next year.............because of our coaching staff.

Moore has 3 yrs of experience w/Miami...mostly on ST's. He could become the gunner on our ST squad...have to remember Coach Seeley lost two of his stalwarts...Goldson and Walker. With signing of Stuka and now Moore, he's got his replacements. Moore could also compete as a WR...important to remember just because you haven't heard of a player it doesn't mean he can't contribute.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
We do sign people for competition you know. Just because he is signed today doesn't mean he will be on the roster opening day. He might also be signed because a current special teamer might be getting cut in the future because his salary might be more of a cap burden to carry into the season and beyond. Point is don't get your panties twisted. It is only March.
Excuse me...but to counter your point, he also could be on the roster to play ST's and potentially provide some WR depth. A number of young players like him are ready to contribute more after their 3-yrs are up with their initial teams. And, for the record, my panties aren't twisted, rookie.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Now I'm not defending Dahl, since I've never really seen him play, but your argument collapses on itself. If it's a "no-name receiver", why would he command safety help?

And as far as Dahl's positioning is concerned, we have no idea what play was called, judging by how the corner reacted to the ball, it seems that the DBs didn't either. Relax guys, how would you like it if I took a small sample of your work-performance and dissected it? Relax.

Dahl was signed for three reasons: 1) ST coverage 2) Depth/Competition and 3) He'll bring the Ram's playbook with him.

This seems to be our strategy when picking up players in FA or trades.
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Mar 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM ]
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

The greatest part of this post, through all your gloating, lies on the second tweet down. Goldson finished 16th in safety ratings yet he is the highest paid safety in the league. Do you understand why bringing him back was not a financially smart thing to do?