There are 154 users in the forums

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Shop 49ers game tickets
"Nite nite,keep ya butthole tight!!!"
Dave Chappelle

But really,thanx for all he's done,especially folding up Pierre Thomas like an envelope in the playoff game after bountygate.My favorite hit of his many bone jarring,LEGAL tackles.

Salute
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dude is way overrated, later flagboy!
So funny hearing how amazing the Brown's secondary could be with Revis, Haden and Whitner. LOL. Yeah, didn't they say the SAME thing about the Bucs last year as well? Tampa had 4 wins.
Glad he went to AFC.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Thank you Whitner for the great memories! the great hit against the Saints in the playoff game! One of the best hits of all time!
Thank you for the interceptions and hits while with us. I loved watching you play and wish you nothing but the best at the Dawg Pound!
I liked him, I liked his hits, but I won't miss the 1-2 15 yard penalties a game. Thanks for the help Donte. Good Luck in "The mistake by the lake".
Just unfollowed him on instagram lol
I think we HAD to get rid of him, cause as much as I hate to say it, as long as he was on our team, the refs would always be gunning for our backfield every chance they got (like Sapp during his Raider years).
Originally posted by verb1der:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Falcons Pro Bowl safety Thomas Decoud to be released by 4 pm EST, per source.

sign him now!

No thanks, his non-tackling ass can go to Oakland.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

sign him now!

On point.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

sign him now!

On point.

why in the world would be sign another safety. we draft a kid, he sets for two years and then takes over, reid becomes mentor and there you go
Originally posted by defenderDX:
My thoughts are you shouldn't be posting about something you have no idea on what you are talking about.

lol to this guy
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
My thoughts are you shouldn't be posting about something you have no idea on what you are talking about.

lol to this guy

Lol @ you. This thread was made in 2013
For those of you who are curious he are the details of Whitner's deal with Cleveland per ESPN:

Whitner received a $9 million signing bonus and a $2 million base salary this season that is guaranteed. He'll also be paid a $4.5 million base salary in 2015 that is guaranteed on the 15th day of the league year. Barring catastrophe, Whitner will be on the team both seasons, and thus is guaranteed $15.5 million. Whitner also will be paid $6.2 million in 2016, and $6.3 million in 2017. Total contract: Four years, $28 million.

Curious if he sees years 3 and 4 with them. doubt it.
Originally posted by E-49er:
For those of you who are curious he are the details of Whitner's deal with Cleveland per ESPN:

Whitner received a $9 million signing bonus and a $2 million base salary this season that is guaranteed. He'll also be paid a $4.5 million base salary in 2015 that is guaranteed on the 15th day of the league year. Barring catastrophe, Whitner will be on the team both seasons, and thus is guaranteed $15.5 million. Whitner also will be paid $6.2 million in 2016, and $6.3 million in 2017. Total contract: Four years, $28 million.

Curious if he sees years 3 and 4 with them. doubt it.

It depends on where they are as a team and his level of play. The issue with a guy like Carlos Rogers for example is that he wasn't a bad corner, but he probably was the 10th or 11th best player on a top tier defense. Donte Whitner was in a similar predicament. He goes to Cleveland and is one of the best. Unless Cleveland is still around 4-12 in 2015 (which means its pointless to pay Whitner all of that money), or the level of the defense rises and he is no longer one of the best players on the team, he should be ok in those final years.
Share 49ersWebzone