There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 50s
Donte Whitner expects to be a Cleveland Brown by 4 p.m. today, source says http://dlvr.it/56snbQ ;

This. It is as unofficially official as it can be until the Browns post the obligatory "Check out Whitner signing his contract" pic.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/03/donte_whitner_cleveland_browns.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Also....if Whitner is making $8M a year....imagine what Byrd and Ward are going to make!

He's going to end his career playing for the worst possible team ever, lol
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

. @MikeCairns5 "hearing" Whitner agreed to little under $8-$8.5M neighborhood Cairns tweeted last night

wtf is earl thomas worth then 15 mil per season?

seriously.

. @MikeCairns5 "hearing" Whitner agreed to little under $8-$8.5M neighborhood Cairns tweeted last night

Holy crap. Goldson and Whitner getting completely overpaid because they played around elite players. If that ends up being true, that's more than Chancellor got.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Whitner gone....now it's time for Tarrell Brown, he's gotta come back now.
Hello 3rd round compensation pick in 2015, thank you Whitner.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Disp:

Holy crap. Goldson and Whitner getting completely overpaid because they played around elite players. If that ends up being true, that's more than Chancellor got.

Well teams like the Browns are gonna have to over pay for players to come to a lesser team.
  • Marvin49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

This.

Good thing Niners have 6 picks in first 3 rounds because they are going to have to invest heavily in the secondary.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

The only semi-high profile player I see us potentially keeping at this point is Dawson, and even then I have doubts. Looking at the deals for defensive players the last couple days is showing that salaries are getting inflated pretty hard. Someone is gonna sign Brown for $6-7mil./yr. and it won't be the 49ers.
[ Edited by Disp on Mar 11, 2014 at 11:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

This.

Good thing Niners have 6 picks in first 3 rounds because they are going to have to invest heavily in the secondary.

Is the Goldson comp pick for sure a 3rd rounder yet?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Keeping Brown isn't a must. CB is the deepest position in this FA market.
I'll always remember him for knocking out Pierre Thomas. That was a major turning point in that game even in the 1st quarter. 2011 was a great year. Too bad Kyle Williams f***ed it all up. DW's time was well spent here but he'll be happy to end his career in his own backyard. He'll still never win s**t.
Goodbye Lumber Co
Wow, at 8-8.5 per for the Browns sake I hope it's 2-3 years and not 4-5. Hopefully he can help change the Browns culture; I'd like to see them start winning. Either way at 8-8.5 that's way over paying eve if it's for a year or 2 and I'm glad we didn't pay that. If he was 25-26 maybe but not at 29. Time to bargain hunt or use the draft.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I'll always remember him for knocking out Pierre Thomas. That was a major turning point in that game even in the 1st quarter. 2011 was a great year. Too bad Kyle Williams f***ed it all up. DW's time was well spent here but he'll be happy to end his career in his own backyard. He'll still never win s**t.

That hit and Gary Plummer vs. the Bills are the two best hits I can remember seeing from a 49ers player. Complete game changers and tone setting crushes.
Will miss Whitner's intensity, but if we can land Mike Mitchell, or say a Calvin Pryor in the draft, I would be perfectly fine. The most ideal scenario would be to get both.

Mitchell would be an ideal replacement. He bring most of the things Whitner does. Might not be quite as good, but with our coaching, he could elevate to another level. He's younger too, and would come on a much more cap-friendly deal.