LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Shop 49ers game tickets
If the Niners were going to keep Whitner he would have been locked up during the season.
Originally posted by genz22:
If the Niners were going to keep Whitner he would have been locked up during the season.

True
Donte, Enjoy a BIG FAT pay day without winning results buddy

Hello T.J. Ward/ Jairus Byrd
Originally posted by Jcool:
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

Jets interested in 49ers' Donte Whitner, per report http://sbn.to/1fYdalh

This, its being reported widely that the Jets have strong interest in Whitner. 49ers will offer him what they think he's worth, if thats not enough, then peace out.
  • pfizz
No thanks to TJ Ward(similar to hitner might as stay with hitner) but yes please to byrd. 2 ballhawks in the backfield with reid and byrd.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Donte, Enjoy a BIG FAT pay day without winning results buddy

Hello T.J. Ward/ Jairus Byrd

Hello, I'm reality, have we met? If Whitner is too expensive for the 49ers to sign, then Ward and Byrd also aren't happening.

If Whitner walks and the 49ers decide to look around the free agent market, I think guys like Hussein Abdullah of the Chiefs, Kendrick Lewis of the Chiefs, Nate Allen of the Eagles would be more likely FA targets.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 9, 2014 at 3:41 PM ]
I think C.J. Spillman is ready to take over.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I won't be disappointed if he stays or goes, just as long as we (maybe move up) draft a guy that is capable of playing right away like Reid. We need a guy that can cover more than a big hitter.
I hope we can keep him, but I think he follows the money. This is probably his last opportunity for a big payday. I wish the best if he leaves. He played his ass off for this team.

Calvin Pryor would be a nice consolation prize.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hello, I'm reality, have we met? If Whitner is too expensive for the 49ers to sign, then Ward and Byrd also aren't happening.

If Whitner walks and the 49ers decide to look around the free agent market, I think guys like Hussein Abdullah of the Chiefs, Kendrick Lewis of the Chiefs, Nate Allen of the Eagles would be more likely FA targets.

Maybe the front office is taking a risk and is trying to reel in the big fishes before settling for whitner. Kind of like when we tried to get Manning before re-signing smith.

i love donte but i dont want to pay him a fat check lol
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Maybe the front office is taking a risk and is trying to reel in the big fishes before settling for whitner. Kind of like when we tried to get Manning before re-signing smith.

Nothing about this front office to me says that they're angling for a big free agent catch, if you're expecting one you're most likely going to be very disappointed. If they do sign someone, it'll be someone that half the fanbase is either pissed off by or goes "meh" in response to.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 9, 2014 at 3:58 PM ]

Nothing about this front office to me says that they're angling for a big free agent catch, if you're expecting one you're most likely going to be very disappointed. If they do sign someone, it'll be someone that half the fanbase is either pissed off by or goes "meh" in response to.

Yeah like glen dorsey last year. I think that was a good move last year.

Oh believe me I do not expect a huge signing with this front office, its just a though. I would very much like to re-sign Whitner to a 2 year extension and draft a safety that we can groom.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yeah like glen dorsey last year. I think that was a good move last year.

Kinda feel like Nate Allen could be a Dorsey this year.
Share 49ersWebzone