There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Originally posted by Niners99:
Weve got a BUNCH of players to pay, and Whitner is far down that list. Kap, Aldon, Crabtree, Boldin, etc.

I think Whitner, Goodwin, Brown, and Manningham are all toast.

With this Bowman injury, I think we re-up with Wilhoite and Skuta. Dixon, Dawson, and Osgood are probably the lesser UFA that get brought back.

Ideally, I'd love to see the FO work something out with Whitner. He's been excellent for the most part this year and he pairs up and communicates well with Reid.

With that being said, realistically, Whitner is coming off perhaps one of his best seasons in his career; as Sofa put it, his value is way higher now than it was when he came here from the Bills and he's going to want a well deserved raise in pay. Of course the 49ers will talk and negotiate with him but at the end of the day, I doubt we will be the highest bidder when we have the Big 3 (Aldon, Kap, Crab) and Boldin to talk to.

I'd also add Rogers to the 'toast' list if he's not willing to take at least a 50% pay cut.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM ]
Whitner just tweeted "I'm going going back back to the bay, R.I.P. Mac Dre."

Benign rap lyric or foreshadowing of a new deal?
Originally posted by KegBert:

yea baby I'm thinking all these guys are taking cheaper deals to keep the unity
Lets hope so.

I really havent looked at who could replace Hitner at the back there from either FA or draft. But I feel hes the best there is available at this time.

And Reid could go to a whole other level knowing Hitner is with him again.
Lol woo hoo!!!
If Whitner and Boldin come back the 9ers have endless possibilities in the draft.

probably going to go pay off a fine somwhere
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
If Whitner and Boldin come back the 9ers have endless possibilities in the draft.

True, but it also means Crabtree and Aldon will have endless possibilities in free agency next year.
Or maybe he's going to the Raiders

he's going back to the bills
Originally posted by BrianGO:

True, but it also means Crabtree and Aldon will have endless possibilities in free agency next year.

There is going to be a crazy bidding war for aldon.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I'll keep Aldon over Crabs
Originally posted by Janitor:

I'll keep Aldon over Crabs

No doubt. Aldon is HOF material if he can keep his liver clean.

We still have him for at least two more years though. Didn't the team pick up the fifth year option?

HELLLLLLLL fukkin YEAHHH!!! HITNER COMING BACK!!!!! 49ers 2014 !! BACK FOR REVENGE!! donkey187 seahawk187 NINER NATION!!!