There are 324 users in the forums

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Is there any chance he gets hit with the franchise tag?

I'm no expert, but I doubt it. I think he's looking for a big pay raise ALA Dashon.

He deserves it

Whitner may have earned a big payday, and I do think, he has, but his desire does not eliminate the use of the franchise tag.

Conversely, a desire for a big payday could result in the team using the franchise tag to keep him.
[ Edited by buck on Jan 25, 2014 at 7:20 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I hope Hitner and FO can come to an agreement. And we need to find his future replacement (in draft)...
Meanwhile Dixon pretty much keeps tweeting his goodbye but no one seems to care lol
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Meanwhile Dixon pretty much keeps tweeting his goodbye but no one seems to care lol

Dude should get some respect from the fan base. I mean he loves playin' for us and did his best.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

LULZ
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
Dude should get some respect from the fan base. I mean he loves playin' for us and did his best.

I don't mind having him back, he's been great to / for the 49ers.

But ultimately, finding Whitners replacement (compared to) Dixon's (maybe) departure seems more hard pressed
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by fropwns:

I don't mind having him back, he's been great to / for the 49ers.

But ultimately, finding Whitners replacement (compared to) Dixon's (maybe) departure seems more hard pressed

Word.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Donte, "I'll stay AND take a pay cut on one condition... Roman / Chrsyt leave or they get their (red zone scoring / play-calling crap) together"
Damn hopefully this doesn't mean Whitner is gone. Gonna be risky having to draft his replacement but in HarBaalke we trust
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Damn hopefully this doesn't mean Whitner is gone. Gonna be risky having to draft his replacement but in HarBaalke we trust
Reid looked great as a rookie. we have drafted and developed DBs very well so i dont think it would be a stretch to throw a rook in there with Reid and watch em fly around crushing people and making plays

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Reid looked great as a rookie. we have drafted and developed DBs very well so i dont think it would be a stretch to throw a rook in there with Reid and watch em fly around crushing people and making plays

I don't know exactly what year, but I'm pretty sure the Niners did that (rookies in backfield) and still went on to win in the SB....
My barber just posted this.

S/O to @dontehitner31 thanks for the opportunity to be you're barber for 4 years . #Hintner #31 #49ers#Safety #Beast #ProBowler #Selfexplanatory#BayAreaFinest #BarberLife #BABB @49ers
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BimmerKing:
My barber just posted this.

S/O to @dontehitner31 thanks for the opportunity to be you're barber for 4 years . #Hintner #31 #49ers#Safety #Beast #ProBowler #Selfexplanatory#BayAreaFinest #BarberLife #BABB @49ers

dude....coupled with Whitner's tweet this is some negative ish I don't want to be seeing.....But hey there is an entire month until FA starts so we don't know what is really going on.

However it is hard to be optimistic because you know they already had the end of season meetings with Harbaugh and Baalke regarding their plans and asking for players input.

Wow. I mean, nothing is definite yet but from all the tweets, it seems like he's a goner.
Share 49ersWebzone