There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jbeale49:
I love Whitner but remember what he saw when DaShon left. Goldson was just getting a reputation for illegal hits and it followed him all year in Tampa Bay. I feel like Whitner is in that same position now. Whitner has the reputation. Would hate to see flags, fines, suspensions for 31 in 2014.

there's a big difference between Hitner and Goldson. Goldson's hits are illegal. Hitner's are not.
Originally posted by boast:
I love Whitner but remember what he saw when DaShon left. Goldson was just getting a reputation for illegal hits and it followed him all year in Tampa Bay. I feel like Whitner is in that same position now. Whitner has the reputation. Would hate to see flags, fines, suspensions for 31 in 2014.

there's a big difference between Hitner and Goldson. Goldson's hits are illegal. Hitner's are not.

its true there is a difference between their hits. but on sundays its the same result. its not a better feeling because he later does not get fined.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:

its true there is a difference between their hits. but on sundays its the same result. its not a better feeling because he later does not get fined.

hopefully the competition committee votes to make them reviewable.
I am baffled at the number of so-called personal fouls that did not result in a fine. We dealt with it all year long. I am sure other teams did too, but it seems to have killed us at key moments in games.

If the league is going to allow refs to dictate a team's momentum by flagging them erroneously, then they need to be able to review it. Nobody cares that the games will last a little longer.

The Commissioner wants to extend the season, but is worried about extending the length of games by a few minutes? Something is off.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Jan 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

hopefully the competition committee votes to make them reviewable.

Yes word is the those calls will be reviewable and Hitner hit changed the game imo
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame

me ----> <-----GODell and Refs
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I like Whitner. We should try to keep him not many probowl safeties out there that will be cheaper. The one thing I did notice with Goldson gone there was a lot less injuries to opposing team running backs. Goldson's problem was he plays through the whistle and kept drives alive. Whitner hits so hard with his shoulder the sound alone draws a flag. I hope they do make these calls reviewable if they were this year we would have played NFCC at home and had a 1st round bye. Instead we got a BS call and lost to Saints. And I hate all this talk about slowing down the game it would take a whole 20 seconds of watching the TV feed on those types of plays to call down to a ref to pick up flag or not. The Davis TD vs Carolina took 4 minutes to make a decision Harbaugh knew 5 seconds later from the big screen. Don't get it
Originally posted by nj9er:
I like Whitner. We should try to keep him not many probowl safeties out there that will be cheaper. The one thing I did notice with Goldson gone there was a lot less injuries to opposing team running backs. Goldson's problem was he plays through the whistle and kept drives alive. Whitner hits so hard with his shoulder the sound alone draws a flag. I hope they do make these calls reviewable if they were this year we would have played NFCC at home and had a 1st round bye. Instead we got a BS call and lost to Saints. And I hate all this talk about slowing down the game it would take a whole 20 seconds of watching the TV feed on those types of plays to call down to a ref to pick up flag or not. The Davis TD vs Carolina took 4 minutes to make a decision Harbaugh knew 5 seconds later from the big screen. Don't get it

College Replay System > NFL Replay System

..............all plays reviewable, doesn't slow down game, quick response from official on reviewed play. they review illegal hits. no excuse for NFL not to have something similar.

ain't that a muthaf**kin b***h! fkn refs should be fined. f**k that whole rating system, hit em in the pockets.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

..............all plays reviewable, doesn't slow down game, quick response from official on reviewed play. they review illegal hits. no excuse for NFL not to have something similar.

Yet, they want to extend the season to 18 games...
Whitner should sue the NFL. The fact that he gets those penalties, hurts his chances of a team signing him.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Yet, they want to extend the season to 18 games...

has GODell ever made sense?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Whitner should sue the NFL. The fact that he gets those penalties, hurts his chances of a team signing him.

then the niners should sue the NFL, we're coaching proper technique but yet they're saying we're wrong................ wasting valuable coaching time/money
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Goodell what a joke the probowl clock rules are ridiculous, 2 minute warning every quarter and possession changes each quarter. Expanding playoffs the only timing wrong with the format is when a 11 win team can miss the playoffs when a 9 win team gets a home game. Teams in London. Get a team in LA first and fix your officiating and stop messing with what already works.