There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Media members I wanna talk... Weds
by Donte Whitner on Nov 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM


^^^from (W)Hitner's twitter account.

Wonder what that's about. New name change?
lol, the name change was dumb to begin with.
Isn't the H silent? So his name would be pronounced "Itner".

I criticized Donte Whitner a lot last year. I still believe he was a major reason why we lost the Superbowl. His coverage was awful.

However, his play has dramatically improved this year. He has been very solid in coverage and I would love to have him back in red and gold next year, as long as he's not asking for much. He sets the tone for our defense. I'd draft a strong safety and keep Whitner around for a couple more years until that guy is ready to go.
Supposedly Tim Hasselbeck questioned his speed and he got pissed off on Twitter. Anyone know exactly what Hasselbeck said?
What I know is Whitner's having a very good season...he's gotten back to his aggressive play and it's given Reid the chance to show his stuff. A year ago I wouldn't have been in favor of re-signing him, but now I think I am. He's a tough cookie and paired w/Reid, we're in good shape at S.
I'm still not 100% sold b/c he nor Reid have fully been challenged deep this year and he's still given up a few TD's in the RZ but I want to note he played an excellent game last night!
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm still not 100% sold b/c he nor Reid have fully been challenged deep this year and he's still given up a few TD's in the RZ but I want to note he played an excellent game last night!

whitner has but reid hasn't and that's because of the first 2 games of the year.

rogers tried it got picked off (play didn't count)
wilson tried it got picked off

after that it hasn't been an option for defenses on his side of the field. all because he's in position.

all the int's and things he's done he's had to come up and make those plays because the ball wasn't going near him.

and that's because of whitner mentoring him and teaching him the way the game is supposed to be played.

clearly we see how valuable communication is in the backfield.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Supposedly Tim Hasselbeck questioned his speed and he got pissed off on Twitter. Anyone know exactly what Hasselbeck said?

I'm guessing Hasselbeck tried to prove his point that maybe RG3 is still injured or slower than last year...when players like Whitner chase him down.

anyway, Whitner went on Twitter ask for Tim's twitter handle... then linked this photo.


DonteHitner ‏@DonteWhitner 12h
Can someone give me the Hasselbeck that's on ESPN twitter name? Thanks

DonteHitner ‏@DonteWhitner 12h What did I run the 40 yd dash @tthasselbeck ?!?!?! Do you research before you go on tv speaking things that are incorrect!

DonteHitner ‏@DonteWhitner 12h In case you didn't look it up @tthasselbeck pic.twitter.com/C9mNwnQWle


would've never have guessed he ran a 4.4 even if it wasn't official combine time. I know he is quick, but damn.


[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
I dislike him before now.. I watched him play games at redskins last monday night. Whitner is really really finally and very improve his defense around! He is finally pay attend the balls and quick chase to attack for tackles at rb or wr.. I really really happy that Whitner seem too better much than before right now! I am so happy that whitner make a defense better much!!!!!! Good Job Whitner!!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I dislike him before now.. I watched him play games at redskins last monday night. Whitner is really really finally and very improve his defense around! He is finally pay attend the balls and quick chase to attack for tackles at rb or wr.. I really really happy that Whitner seem too better much than before right now! I am so happy that whitner make a defense better much!!!!!! Good Job Whitner!!

Hell yeah!. He was good in 2011, dropped off in 2012, but 2013 has been the best year of his career IMO. He's been all over the place. Contract year.
What did whitner say today?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
What I know is Whitner's having a very good season...he's gotten back to his aggressive play and it's given Reid the chance to show his stuff. A year ago I wouldn't have been in favor of re-signing him, but now I think I am. He's a tough cookie and paired w/Reid, we're in good shape at S.

agreed!!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I dislike him before now.. I watched him play games at redskins last monday night. Whitner is really really finally and very improve his defense around! He is finally pay attend the balls and quick chase to attack for tackles at rb or wr.. I really really happy that Whitner seem too better much than before right now! I am so happy that whitner make a defense better much!!!!!! Good Job Whitner!!

Hell yeah!. He was good in 2011, dropped off in 2012, but 2013 has been the best year of his career IMO. He's been all over the place. Contract year.

BEHOLD!! He is a Gem if he doesnt ask for too much, sometimes the pairing of styles and leadership can bring out the best is very good to great players. Whitner has been a Hogg this season. He and REID have kept this DEFENSE TRULY PHYSICALLY INTIMIDATING and the best Ive seen in recent yrs (barring 2011). Happy about our D this year!