There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by verb1der:
DonteHitner ‏@DonteWhitner2mGet your #LegalHitner shirts here.... http://shop.anotherenemy.com/collections/legal-hitner ;…

Am I the only one not feeling this whole "hitner" hype? Dude is feelin himself way too much, does he really expect people to buy this s**t?

I feel like he is trying to be as "visable" as possible in his contract year (esp.); it started last year as he was very vocal in the press. I'd rather he shut the trap and work on better coverage esp. in the EZ.

He's having a great year, but it doesn't change the fact that those shirts are lame. lol
Obviously with Reid doing so poorly, Whitner is a horrible player and mentor.

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by verb1der:
DonteHitner ‏@DonteWhitner2mGet your #LegalHitner shirts here.... http://shop.anotherenemy.com/collections/legal-hitner ;…

Am I the only one not feeling this whole "hitner" hype? Dude is feelin himself way too much, does he really expect people to buy this s**t?

I feel like he is trying to be as "visable" as possible in his contract year (esp.); it started last year as he was very vocal in the press. I'd rather he shut the trap and work on better coverage esp. in the EZ.

He's having a great year, but it doesn't change the fact that those shirts are lame. lol

We're not even halfway through the season yet, I just hope he doesn't end up jinxing himself trying to get all that attention.

He already whiffed on that Fitzgerald TD bcz he was looking for the big hitner instead of wrapping up the tackle.
Originally posted by verb1der:
We're not even halfway through the season yet, I just hope he doesn't end up jinxing himself trying to get all that attention.

He already whiffed on that Fitzgerald TD bcz he was looking for the big hitner instead of wrapping up the tackle.

He was channeling Goldson on that whiff. It was painful to watch!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by verb1der:
We're not even halfway through the season yet, I just hope he doesn't end up jinxing himself trying to get all that attention.

He already whiffed on that Fitzgerald TD bcz he was looking for the big hitner instead of wrapping up the tackle.

He was channeling Goldson on that whiff. It was painful to watch!

Lol, Whifner!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Lol, Whifner!

I have the copyright on this
Made a comment on another thread
And by the way it's Whiffner
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/06/whitner-hazing-not-an-issue-for-49ers/
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/06/whitner-hazing-not-an-issue-for-49ers/

this = championship
Donte Whitner – Last year, 95.7 the Game's radio host and Raiders play-by-play voice Greg Papa joked that Whitner gave up a touchdown every week. Papa was almost right. Eight touchdowns were surrendered by the 49ers strong safety during the 2012 regular season and he allowed four more touchdown passes in the postseason. This season? None. Whitner spent the off-season trimming five pounds off his frame and became leaner. He's also become meaner, with his savage tackling and his recent petition to drop the "W" from his last name.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/11/06/10-biggest-surprises-in-the-first-half-of-the-49ers-season/#17578-6

You guys know I am critical of poor play but I wanted to give a shout out to Whitner who has played MUCH better this year...whether it's the uncertainty of his future with us, his higher contract towards our CAP next year, Reid, scheme, etc. the bottom line is, he's playing much better. I believe through 8 games, he's only given up 2-3 TD's thus far which is a marked improvement over last year and esp. in the playoffs.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Donte Whitner – Last year, 95.7 the Game's radio host and Raiders play-by-play voice Greg Papa joked that Whitner gave up a touchdown every week. Papa was almost right. Eight touchdowns were surrendered by the 49ers strong safety during the 2012 regular season and he allowed four more touchdown passes in the postseason. This season? None. Whitner spent the off-season trimming five pounds off his frame and became leaner. He's also become meaner, with his savage tackling and his recent petition to drop the "W" from his last name.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/11/06/10-biggest-surprises-in-the-first-half-of-the-49ers-season/#17578-6

You guys know I am critical of poor play but I wanted to give a shout out to Whitner who has played MUCH better this year...whether it's the uncertainty of his future with us, his higher contract towards our CAP next year, Reid, scheme, etc. the bottom line is, he's playing much better. I believe through 8 games, he's only given up 2-3 TD's thus far which is a marked improvement over last year and esp. in the playoffs.


This. I'm a big fan of Whitner. Always have been. Hearing people complain about our safety situation is laughable. We have had two good safeties in the secondary for a few seasons now and a lot of teams are struggling to find one. GO NINERS!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
This. I'm a big fan of Whitner. Always have been. Hearing people complain about our safety situation is laughable. We have had two good safeties in the secondary for a few seasons now and a lot of teams are struggling to find one. GO NINERS!

I don't think anyone has complained this year - still very concerned with Whitner in coverage in the RZ and lined up against the bigger, taller slot WR's and TE's naturally but so far, we haven't been attacked there much this year and Whitner/Reid have played very well outside the RZ!

Next year, we may still look to find another Reid back there in the draft b/c of how much we play a 4-2-5 (passing league) but so far, this year, if he continues to play well in deep zone and up at the LOS in the box and Reid roams the coverage, Whitner may force a tough call with the FO this off season!
Originally posted by NCommand:
I don't think anyone has complained this year - still very concerned with Whitner in coverage in the RZ and lined up against the bigger, taller slot WR's and TE's naturally but so far, we haven't been attacked there much this year and Whitner/Reid have played very well outside the RZ!

Next year, we may still look to find another Reid back there in the draft b/c of how much we play a 4-2-5 (passing league) but so far, this year, if he continues to play well in deep zone and up at the LOS in the box and Reid roams the coverage, Whitner may force a tough call with the FO this off season!

Go back a few pages and re read. Plenty of complaining going on in this thread. The words liability and coverage being used in the same sentence more times than I care to count. I agree with you that 49ers will be looking to find his replacement. He's not getting any younger but I still think his entire game and leadership is vastly under rated on this site. You are under rated as well NC!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I don't think anyone has complained this year - still very concerned with Whitner in coverage in the RZ and lined up against the bigger, taller slot WR's and TE's naturally but so far, we haven't been attacked there much this year and Whitner/Reid have played very well outside the RZ!

Next year, we may still look to find another Reid back there in the draft b/c of how much we play a 4-2-5 (passing league) but so far, this year, if he continues to play well in deep zone and up at the LOS in the box and Reid roams the coverage, Whitner may force a tough call with the FO this off season!

Go back a few pages and re read. Plenty of complaining going on in this thread. The words liability and coverage being used in the same sentence more times than I care to count. I agree with you that 49ers will be looking to find his replacement. He's not getting any younger but I still think his entire game and leadership is vastly under rated on this site. You are under rated as well NC!

LMAO! Thanks bud - made my day!

I concur on the liability issue but mostly inside the RZ...but I put more of that on Fangio. Who repeatedly putting his 5'10" CB on guys like Boldin (slot) and every taller, more physical TE in the NFL knowing he gets beat every time? Was Goldson THAT bad of a matchup (e.g. Fangio figured he might blow the simple assignment)? S's in the 3-4 are interchangeable. I guess we'll never know...oh well.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,148
Whitner certainly has much better chemistry with Reid than he did with Goldson.

It makes me conclude that Goldson was more of the freelancing free safety that went for the picks and big hits vs. staying true to his assignment.

Reid is much more disciplined and stays true to his assignments.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Whitner certainly has much better chemistry with Reid than he did with Goldson.

It makes me conclude that Goldson was more of the freelancing free safety that went for the picks and big hits vs. staying true to his assignment.

Reid is much more disciplined and stays true to his assignments.

definitely. Goldson took a lot of risks. Guys like that are fun as hell to watch, but ultimately bad for the team scheme.