Originally posted by 49erWay:
Just out of some idiotic curiosity on my part,..
1. Who do the geniuses who want Hitner gone think would replace him?
2. Why do you think you are smarter than the rest of the team who loves having him in the position?
3. He is a strong safety not a free safety so don't use the worthless idea that he is soft in coverage.
4. How are you going to "fantasy football" or "madden" one of the top 3 strong safeties to replace him without costing the 49ers badly.
5. Who would be a better field general and defense play caller real time?
6. How did you figure out he stinks whereas Harbaugh is dumb?
Agreed. Way too late now. Dahl? LOL...Spillman?
In this 3-4 defense where both S's are interchangeable (and the way the NFL is going - fines for legal hits and monster emphasis on the passng game), we need another FS to play opposite Reid...someone with very good coverage skills and range.
Just look at that TD...both Brown and Whitner aren't even within 3 yards of a simple pitch-and-catch TD right in the middle of the field (and with underneath help from the LB). Remember, Hitner gave up 13 TD's last year alone including accountability on the first 3 TD's in the Superbowl. This issue s/h been addressed in the off season BUT I also understand you want that veteran to train Reid and with added emphasis on the front 7 rotation and pass rush, Baalke felt we could get by one more year with Hitner. But it continues to be our achilles and will continue against ANY team that can throw and do simple scouting. Hitner is almost always the target...even over the rookie, Reid.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]