There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Wont be surprised if he gets flagged again for knocking Andre Johnson on his ass next Sunday night.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Gore has lost a step.
Crabtree is a slow and always injured pre madonna.
Kaepernick can't play in the pocket.
Staley is over rated.
Walker can't catch.
Smith is just a game manager.
Goldson doesn't wrap up.
Rogers got his money and doesn't care now.

And Whitner is a liability.

Did I miss any?

Coaches had their heads up their butts (up until Thrusday)

Patrick Willis got a soft hand

Delanie Walker can't catch

and plenty more
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Gore has lost a step.
Crabtree is a slow and always injured pre madonna.
Kaepernick can't play in the pocket.
Staley is over rated.
Walker can't catch.
Smith is just a game manager.
Goldson doesn't wrap up.
Rogers got his money and doesn't care now.

And Whitner is a liability.

Did I miss any?

and plenty more

Kap got smaller hands than Alex
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Wont be surprised if he gets flagged again for knocking Andre Johnson on his ass next Sunday night.

I hope he does it early and sends a message... Andre Johnson/DeAndre Hopkins/Owen Daniels will be thinking to themselves *damn, where's that little crazy mofo at*
[ Edited by LVJay on Sep 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Originally posted by xela510:
Whitner has been one of the few players to improve from last season imo.

He is much improved thus far and his mentoring of Eric Reid is priceless
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Was last night the first game they had him wear a glove on his tiny left hand?
Whitner has played well and is making the big play. Reid is going to be a star
Originally posted by LVJay:

and plenty more

Patrick Willis doesn't make big plays and disappears in big games
I was going to post in this thread about whitner but after reading the last couple pages I don't know what it's about anymore

I'll give it a shot anyway.

I know whitner made a big play against the rams with that interception, but I still cringe every time the ball goes his way. He's a goddamn liability and still gets burned consistently. I didn't want him on the team this year, and I hope to hell he's gone when we kickoff next year.
He was late over the top on that play, he got lucky Brock had perfect coverage on the wr otherwise it would've been a td. It was clear that he was supposed to help over the top but he was a second late. Im not complaining, I'll take the pick any day, but its just something to think about because if Brock never had good coverage on the wideout and they got the td, we wouldn't be having this discussion rite now and everyone would ask for him and Brock to get cut or traded for a 7th rd pick. Go Niners!
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

"Personal foul on #31, Saints ball....1st and goal...."

No...should be a rule if the runner is leaning head first...no...wait...throw this crap outta here! Ronnie Lott did this on every tackle! They got helmets on, they sign the contract, they want to play like this...we want to see plays...like this. Spontaneous combustion! These players don't see this coming, it happens so fast. Like that penalty in the end zone on Whitner last game. They got helmets on! If they didn't like the collisions, they wouldn't play! QB tackling rules sucks too! We want football back!!!
Donte Whitner is horrible.

He is almost as bad as Patrick Willis soft hands, Crabtree's inability to separate or make big plays, Alex Smith's inability to win big games or do anything other than manage games, and Kaepernicks inability to manage the clock.

All terrible, every one of them.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Nnamdi is the new Culliver who was the new Nate Clements.......All part of the move a CB to Safety movement (probably because it works in madden)

It works in reality too. Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Antrel Rollle, Ronnie Lott, Merton Hanks, Michael Huff, Eugene Wilson, Aneas Williams, Will Allen, Danieal Manning, Devin McCourty, Dashon Goldson... And that's just off the top of my head.

It's not exactly like switching from CB to QB.
I admit I have a soft spot for Whitner as well. On another team with lesser All-Pro's on defense, he'd probably be the star. He can easily go elsewhere this offseason and make some pretty good money. However, I'm hoping we can somehow resign him and he can continue to provide leadership in the secondary as well as mentoring Eric Reid and whatever safety we end up drafting next season.