There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Originally posted by bigmike55:
That penalty in the end zone for the hit on the defenseless receiver was bullsh@t. What is he supposed to do???? Allow the guy to catch it for a TD and then form tackle him square in the chest while running full speed? He dislodged that ball out clean with his shoulder pads. p***y a$$ penalty call by the refs on that one.

I was infuriated, I said the same exact thing, "WHAT'S HE SUPPOSED TO DO?!"

I'd have a hard time watching football if that ever cost us a playoff game.
I'll say one thing Whitner is playing better than he did last year but I still think we move on and take a SS early in the next draft. So far it's worked with Reid no need to pay all that money to Whitner. Will be nice to get younger. I think we would have done it this year but didn't want 2 rookie safeties back there. We had Whitner mentor Reid and now Reid will have 1 year under his belt and can teach the new guy. Whitner was pretty good in 2011, 2012 he dropped off big time, 2013 I like I said he is somewhere in between. I think we go with a SS in the 1st or 2nd round of the next draft. If we get KC's 2nd I could see 1.CB 2.SS 2.WR
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
That penalty in the end zone for the hit on the defenseless receiver was bullsh@t. What is he supposed to do???? Allow the guy to catch it for a TD and then form tackle him square in the chest while running full speed? He dislodged that ball out clean with his shoulder pads. p***y a$$ penalty call by the refs on that one.

it's funny because when I saw the penalty I wondered if I would even be watching football in 5 years. The offense just gets too much. I am all for player safety, but can the defense get any help?
Whitner might need go..... The NFL refs flag him everything nowadays. Next week he is going to have to jump and in mid air, turn around and hit the offensive player by leading with his back...

He leads with his shoulder and they still flag him... I would think the NFL would be pleased with those types of plays and not flag guys when they go out of their way to use their shoulder and not their helmet.

same hur .What is a defensive player to do?? Somebody ask that B**TCH MIKE PERERIA
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

it's funny because when I saw the penalty I wondered if I would even be watching football in 5 years. The offense just gets too much. I am all for player safety, but can the defense get any help?

Seriously. Pretty soon, the strong safety position will be obsolete and secondaries will be comprised of a bunch of 5'10, 180 pounds speedy cornerbacks.

Pathetic
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Whitner might need go..... The NFL refs flag him everything nowadays. Next week he is going to have to jump and in mid air, turn around and hit the offensive player by leading with his back...

He leads with his shoulder and they still flag him... I would think the NFL would be pleased with those types of plays and not flag guys when they go out of their way to use their shoulder and not their helmet.

Yeah, 2nd week in a row he has gotten a bad call on him. I mean he's throwing shoulders. How is he suppose to know exactly where the guy's head will be? That's the thing guys are ducking and it's causing guys throwing shoulders to hit them in the head. It's impossible for the DB's right now. Almost like you shouldn't hit anyone to break up a ball you have to just go in using your hands every time. Next time we are up big late tell him to do a jump spin so he hits him with his back and have him put his arms straight up in the air as well. Spread out harms and legs to show innocence. Back bump breakup...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Sep 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM ]
I love Donte Whitner, there are few in the league who want to win a championship more than him, and he still plays at a pro bowl level. While I don't mind the team paying him what they do, I think it would be in the teams best interest to have him take a paycut or they will have to start looking at new options at the position.

Something I don't think the team can deal with anymore. Losing way too many starters to injury and Free Agency over the years.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'll say one thing Whitner is playing better than he did last year but I still think we move on and take a SS early in the next draft. So far it's worked with Reid no need to pay all that money to Whitner. Will be nice to get younger. I think we would have done it this year but didn't want 2 rookie safeties back there. We had Whitner mentor Reid and now Reid will have 1 year under his belt and can teach the new guy. Whitner was pretty good in 2011, 2012 he dropped off big time, 2013 I like I said he is somewhere in between. I think we go with a SS in the 1st or 2nd round of the next draft. If we get KC's 2nd I could see 1.CB 2.SS 2.WR

I think he is playing much better than he did last year. If he keeps playing like this, who knows what will happen next year.
He's doing good this year, those penalties he got for his hits were good plays! The colts one and tonights
theyre hatin on this dude. two weeks in a row clean hits get penalties. good game tonight whitner
Originally posted by Gore_21:

A few thoughts on SS spot, I like LSU's Craig Loston a lot. Also Baylor's Ahmad Dixon, and Washington State's Deone Buchannon. 3 solid prospects. The top SS IMO is Stanford's Jordan Richards. I think e is similar height size as Whitner. Loston is around 6'1-6'2.
Other than that dropped pick, Whitner played a very good game.

And that was a great hit on Pettis in the endzone. That's what I want my SS to do every time in that situation, flag or no flag. That's the proper way to separate the receiver from the ball.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM ]