There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Whitner aka Hitner

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

That could be used for 95% of the threads created this week. The zone needs a program that after a loss, if a poster types "trade for" or "sign *blank*" they get banned till the next week lol.
we need to replace some of you nitwits. go back to oakland, ur gonna be good now that pryor's in charge. promise.
Originally posted by NCommand:
^^^ You guys can continue to ignore this all you want but it's been a major problem for us for 3 years now:

...You can see the night and day difference between Reid (FS) and Whitner (SS) in coverage immediately, once Reid was hurt. Wilson only had 142 passing yards but 1/2 of those yards were on Whitner (50 yard bomb on 3rd down and another 15+ yarder; probably more) and another was a 40 yarder on Nnamdi for P.I. Had we had ANY safety help over-the-top, that play may have been an incomplete pass. Also, once again, teams passed right down the middle of the field in the RZ and fortunately, Rice dropped both of those TD's. Reid was critical to this game. Who knows, had he been in, perhaps that 50 yarder turns into an INT like on his previous deep ball thrown his way...or maybe Wilson tucks it and never attempts to throw it.

IMHO, some of this is scheme as well. Why is Whitner stuck chasing Baldwin around for a 50 yard catch trailing by some 5 to 10 yards (with his 4.4 speed...LOL), in the first place? Why does Whitner continue to be matched up on teams biggest WR's in the RZ (thankfully Rice dropped both TD's). Why does Fangio decide to FINALLY blitz inside his own RZ with his backup FS (Dahl) for an all-or-nothing blitz and give up, perhaps, the easiest TD I have ever seen? To me, I thought Scheme would be the Theme for 2013 but I keep seeing Fangio play to our weaknesses and put players with clear limitations into no-win situations. And ask yourself this, how much did we rotate our front 7 compared to Seattle or Green Bay? Everyone, including our opposition, knows our weakness (i.e. target Whitner in 1on1 coverage esp. in the RZ)...so why aren't we doing a better job with scheme? I will note that in the GB game, Fangio kept Whitner in deep, deep center field and let Reid play under him, making all the plays. And to be fair, the game plan may have changed once Reid was out.
No safety in the league can cover a team's 3rd wr after a qb eludes the rush and then makes a pass. Which is what happened on that long completion. Overall Whitner is a liability and should be replaced at the end of the year. But so far this season he's been pretty solid. Plus you get what you pay for. Whitner was rated as the worst safety in the league in regards to coverage when they signed him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Forget Whitner (or Whimpner as I like to call him). He blocked me on Instagram because I would troll him every now and then about his height, lack of coverage skills, and the fact that he hasn't had a hit worth anything since the Saints playoff game in 2011-2012 season. It wasn't aggressive and I made a point to tell him I was a fan who would like to see him stay on the team but he needs to step his play up. You can learn a lot about these guys by following them on Twitter/IG. If you can't take a fan asking you to step your game up lord knows the b***h fits he prob has when Jim gets on to him for blowing coverage or whiffing on hits.

LOL
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
You got me...and it's not just size but a total lack of physicality:

Defense:
  • Rogers boxed out in the Superbowl on THE critical Boldin catch
  • Brown plays solid but also can get towered over at times and certainly, outmuscled
  • Whitner, so sad to watch him try to cover a TE or bigger WR in the EZ/RZ
  • Robinson, gone
  • Spillman, only used on ST
  • Culliver, most physical CB we had but is so diffrent from our style of play, he gets flagged for P.I. every time
  • Cox/Brock, at times can play physical but rarely are on the field
  • Nnamdi, most current physical CB we have and even HE gets called for critical P.I. plays and he can't tackle worth a #$%^&*(

Offense:
  • Hunter, plays much much bigger than he is, achilles tear
  • James, aka the "spin cycle part II"
  • Manningham, knee blown up in Seattle
  • Williams, ACL trying to block out a LB
  • Patton, rookie tossed to the ground like a rag doll
  • Baldwin, doesn't play, Lockette, cut
  • Ginn, was a cream puff
  • Boldin is a man but a man who needs help opposite him and needs to be moved around (ala the slot)
  • VD plays soft for his size
  • McDonald is a "man" we need
  • Celek, meh.
  • Miller is a man

Special Teams:
  • Kyle Williams gets blown over by the wind as does Cox and James falls every time his shoe touches a blade of grass
  • Coverage units? Not too many bruisers in this one either.

we're f***ed!!
Originally posted by lamontb:
No safety in the league can cover a team's 3rd wr after a qb eludes the rush and then makes a pass. Which is what happened on that long completion. Overall Whitner is a liability and should be replaced at the end of the year. But so far this season he's been pretty solid. Plus you get what you pay for. Whitner was rated as the worst safety in the league in regards to coverage when they signed him.

The bigger question is why is Whitner IN coverage against Baldwin chasing him around 50-70 yards. I certainly don't expect him to stay with him with his 4.4 speed BUT he had plenty of time to get in his hip pocket instead of trailing him by 10 yards and running hard(er) once the ball was in the air; keep that receiver in front of you. Once Reid went out, he could no longer play deep deep center field like in Green Bay and had to play more coverage. He did have a nice breakup on one play and he was very lucky in the EZ...that Wilson threw the ball behind the receiver for an easy TD.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
He is better this year
So Boldin has killed the Rams over the years as well
Originally posted by bigwads:

you were saying
So you were saying....
Originally posted by Knowledge:
you were saying

lol beat me to it
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by bigwads:

you were saying

great play but to be fair, Brock made that play. Without Brock, Whitner is late over the top but Brock smacked the ball towards Whitner where all he had to do was catch a batted ball. Good concentration and staying in bounds though!
Whitner....haha
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Sep 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]
That penalty in the end zone for the hit on the defenseless receiver was bullsh@t. What is he supposed to do???? Allow the guy to catch it for a TD and then form tackle him square in the chest while running full speed? He dislodged that ball out clean with his shoulder pads. p***y a$$ penalty call by the refs on that one.