There are 254 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

Since you asked: My assumption is Craig Dahl will compete with a highly drafted safety for a starting spot. #49ers
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by islandink:
noooooooooo!! hes white!

ahahahahahaha adam archuletta was a beast tough and lets not forget one of the greatest of all times John Lynch!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
lol at the overreactions. another poster mentioned he may have been signed to take over Spillman's ST role so that CJ can move into the starting line-up. i tend to agree. Spillman is the darkhorse in all of this.
OMG we signed a backup/special teamer to a three year contract were never gunna make it to the Super Bowl again.......
IMHO this means we drafting safety HIGH! Dahl is a safety net! He is the savy vet who wont get beat deep cuz he is peeking into the backfield when he should not be!
This dude is definitely our starting safety lol
He's color blind! >:(
only thing logical i can think of is we leaning towards being more of an offense team now, since we just plugging in scrubs on defense now.
He was obviously signed to replace Goldson. Just not the way some of you think.

Goldson set coverages on our punt units (remember the fake punt/direct snap against the Pats). This guy did the same for the Rams. He'll take over Goldson's responsibilities on ST and compete as a backup FS. This doesn't take a Woodson or Reed off the table (if they were ever really on the table) and it certainly won't keep us from drafting a S high this year.

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Sourball:
Someone to back up Kenny Vaccaro

More like Eric Reid.

I'm with you, I'd prefer Reid. He seems to be like a young Ed Reed, which this defense needs.

Dahl is a good football player and provides solid depth. Good move, Baalke.
Originally posted by Overkill:
He was obviously signed to replace Goldson. Just not the way some of you think.

Goldson set coverages on our punt units (remember the fake punt/direct snap against the Pats). This guy did the same for the Rams. He'll take over Goldson's responsibilities on ST and compete as a backup FS. This doesn't take a Woodson or Reed off the table (if they were ever really on the table) and it certainly won't keep us from drafting a S high this year.

i don't think you sign a guy to a 3 year deal just to "compete". His spot as the backup FS is pretty much guaranteed.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
in for the reactions

I cant stop lmao at this gif
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

Since you asked: My assumption is Craig Dahl will compete with a highly drafted safety for a starting spot. #49ers

Looks that way and it doesn't bother me. I like this safety class.
Originally posted by 49erSooner:
I cant stop lmao at this gif

Its a fact though, looks at the reactions to this signing and others as of lately.
Share 49ersWebzone