LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
I don't know Jeff Fisher teams are generally well coached defensively so we might be able to salvage something but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

He had Fisher for a season, he had a variety of sideshow coaches for the previous 3 or 4. Here he won't be pushed into the starting job, he'll provide depth, special teams support and get coached up. I'm content with him.

Once again, there's a reason Baalke chose this guy, if he wanted cheap, there were plenty of other cheap players out there, he obviously sees that Dahl can improve the team in some fashion, whether its through being a top special-teamer or having the ability to develop into a quality safety, either as a free safety or as a strong safety.

I don't understand why people freak out when they don't even know a player. They're going based on what others are saying about a guy, but if you go back a couple years in tine, Rams fans f**king loved this guy, he was a special teams ace and a quality backup. He struggled as a starter, but that won't be his role with the 49ers.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM ]

could have been a bigger gain. gore not an easy task
[ Edited by keeferr75 on Mar 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM ]
Some retarded s**t in this thread

f**kin fans
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The Derek Smith of FS

This is an effort player who will sell out on special teams and most importantly be OK with an open competition in camp and preseason.

You think Woodson or Delmas or Reed would be OK with a legit competition with a high draft pick like Reid or Cyprien or any of the 49ers current prospects?

This team builds through the draft, if you want free agency fireworks there is a team up north that is good at that.

This is my thinking too, thus the mention of D. Smith, but there's a little of me that think he could be another Mark Roman on a few plays
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Well, it's about time they did something in the FA... I was getting bored at looking at this as top story --> "Report: Aldon Smith recovering from shoulder surgery"
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Some retarded s**t in this thread

f**kin fans

Boo hoo
  • Rams
  • Veteran
Thank you!!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by adamcarrillo17:
WOW 1 interception really down grade

its not a downgrade b/c he is going to be starting

Thank you. It really blows my mind how people can be so dense.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He had Fisher for a season, he had a variety of sideshow coaches for the previous 3 or 4. Here he won't be pushed into the starting job, he'll provide depth, special teams support and get coached up. I'm content with him.

Bingo. I feel pretty good about our front office rededicating itself to putting solid special teams units out there. Skuta and Dahl will be a nice boost in that department.

As they say, special teams is a third of the game, and it hurt us big time last year. Akers cost us a couple games and our kickoff coverage cost us the Super Bowl.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Mar 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Rams:
Thank you!!

Congrats on the Jake Long signing.

Oh wait......

Starter for the rams will be a special teamer for us

Solid team rams
downgrade from goldson but im hoping were gonna draft a stud safety and CB in the first couple rounds anyway so this dude might not even start
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Thank you!!

Congrats on the Jake Long signing.

Oh wait......

Don't forget to congratulate them on losing their 2 best players on offense.
Thank you!!

Congratulations on re-signing your RB and #1 WR........oh damn, well this is just awkward......sorry.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Thank you!!

Congratulations on re-signing your RB and #1 WR........oh damn, well this is just awkward......sorry.

Share 49ersWebzone