LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

2014 conditional pick for Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by TheStick45:
Not sure I agree with this. I know Smith has developed a reputation around here as a really tough player, but you cant say he is not incredibly injury prone. I wouldnt count on him playing 85% of the Chiefs snaps.

aside from the one shoulder injury that made him miss 1.5 seasons and hasnt been an issue since. how is he injury prone?

In every single season that Smith was the starter, sans 2011, he got hurt and missed games. That means he is injury prone.
Originally posted by English:
Yeah I was wondering that. I certainly would not say he is injury prone, let alone incredibly injury prone.

He developed a rep as a tough player because he is a tough player.

He gets hurt almost every season. I am not saying you are wrong and that he isnt tough....but he is always missing time due to injury. You may not like the words "injury prone" but its the truth.
[ Edited by TheStick45 on Mar 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM ]
Not sure I agree with this. I know Smith has developed a reputation around here as a really tough player, but you cant say he is not incredibly injury prone. I wouldnt count on him playing 85% of the Chiefs snaps.

aside from the one shoulder injury that made him miss 1.5 seasons and hasnt been an issue since. how is he injury prone?

In every single season that Smith was the starter, sans 2011, he got hurt and missed games. That means he is injury prone.

2005 he did get injured,2006 he played every snap of offense, 2007 hurt his shoulder, 2008 he was on IR from the same shoulder, 2009 he didnt start til week 7 (sean hill), 2010 he was benched mid season for troy smith, 2011 no games missed, 2012 got a concussion.

3 injuries over 7 years does not make a player injury prone...im sorry

He took every snap from center in 2006. First SF qb in club history.

So, no.
Not injury prone.

I hope he takes them to the Super Bowl and loses to us.
2005 he did get injured,2006 he played every snap of offense, 2007 hurt his shoulder, 2008 he was on IR from the same shoulder, 2009 he didnt start til week 7 (sean hill), 2010 he was benched mid season for troy smith, 2011 no games missed, 2012 got a concussion.

2010 you are wrong. Dead wrong. He got hurt against the Panthers and missed substantial time. He wasnt benched for Troy until after he came back from his injury and our coaching staff determined that he wasnt getting the job done.

All good about being wrong. I was wrong too:

So, no.

Like right here. My bad English. Thank you for correcting me. My point still remains though. He has gotten hurt and missed time more often than he has lasted the whole season.
[ Edited by TheStick45 on Mar 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM ]
2010 you are wrong. Dead wrong. He got hurt against the Panthers and missed substantial time. He wasnt benched for Troy until after he came back from his injury and our coaching staff determined that he wasnt getting the job done.

Like right here. My bad English. My point still remains though. He has gotten hurt and missed time more often than he has lasted the whole season.

he missed 1 game from injury with the shoulder in 2010, the other games he was healthy but singlecell was obsessed with troy smith.

So, no.

Like right here. My bad English. Thank you for correcting me. My point still remains though. He has gotten hurt and missed time more often than he has lasted the whole season.

Yeah, I seem to remember Alex separated both shoulders at different times. It was more than just the one in 2007.

I still don't think he's injury prone. For a guy that's taken as many sacks over his career as Alex has, its amazing that he is still alive. Given decent protection as he did in 2011, 2012, and back in 2006 (with Larry Allen and Jonas Jennings) he has been quite durable.
he missed 1 game from injury with the shoulder in 2010, the other games he was healthy but singlecell was obsessed with troy smith.

Incorrect. Sorry sir.
With all of the free agency stuff & the bounty of picks in this draft... This IMHO is a thread for say ... this time next year!!!

Go Alex Smith

make some noise over in the AFC
Share 49ersWebzone