There are 213 users in the forums

Elvis Dumervil

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-broncos-could-release-elvis-dumervil-doesn-t-210539016--nfl.html

Set to be released if he doesn't agree to a pay cut.
We will be in the hunt if he is released. This would be a fine addition if we don't have to break bank. A short term quickie deal or a 4 year deal would be nice.
"Dumervil has a $12 million base salary for the 2013 season, and carries a $13.6 million cap hit this year, and the Broncos need to move that money around."

He is going to ask for money that we aren't going to give him.
Too much money against our cap. Wonder if he would take a lower salary to play for us?
Don't think he wants to be Aldon's backup
He is in the same boat as Asumuaga (sp?) - his salary is just too much to swallow. He's a $7mm guy at best. We'll see what the market says. Unfortunately, there always seems to be some knucklehead out of 32 teams willing to overpay a guy huge.
For most every non QB, a big CAP number, makes for a slow moving target.

No, the 49ers will not be in on Dumervil... He is a 4-3 DE looking for too much $$$
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Mar 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM ]
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

No, the 49ers will not be in on Dumervil... He is a 4-3 DE looking for too much $$$

when they played 3-4 he had 17 sacks
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

when they played 3-4 he had 17 sacks

I was pretty sure he had played in the 3-4, and played well.

We do not know what he wants in terms of money.

Apparently, he was on vacation when he found out, to his surprise, that Denver was asking him to take a pay cut.

He has indicated that he is willing to redo his contract to lessen the cap hit on the team. But, that does not mean his is willing to take a pay cut.

Have to see what happens.

I don't think there's room for him on the roster.
league minimum, he can get a ring
Look at his cap figure...it's ridiculous. That's Denver for ya, though...I'm in Colorado Springs and of course all you hear on the sports stations is Broncos, Broncos, Broncos. Look at what Elway's paying Peyton...be very glad we have a front office that always seeks out value instead of overpaying for players. As for Dumervil, he's a good pass rusher...but not worth anywhere close to that price.
Trent seems to wait till near the end of FA and SOMETIMES pick te BPA of need. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Another side note - we are witnessing something more this season than I can remember:

1). Teams that spend enormous $$ on one or two players are having to let go of other high quality players because of the cap.

2). Players like Revis who are superb are starting to price themselves out of reality and their teams LOSE as a result. Think Mario.

Just my opinion.
if niners sign him, who does he replace..aldon smith? ahmad brooks? cam johnson ?
Share 49ersWebzone