There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ravens and Joe Flacco agree on new deal

Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by leebert81:
Flacco throws punts. $20M? Now that's funny.

yet teams can't stop him. Pay the man.

Let's trade Kaepernick for him, straight up
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Wouldn't wnat to be in the Ravens locker room when the wins stop. Huge elephant in the room.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by leebert81:
Flacco throws punts. $20M? Now that's funny.

yet teams can't stop him. Pay the man.

Ravens wish.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Theyre success has always been because of the D. Joe Flacco is a mediocre regular season QB. He benefits greatly from his team. Aaron Rodgers leads his team to the playoffs. Joe Flacco is along for the ride, and then has a knack for coming up big once hes there.

Dont get me wrong, thats a great quality, but ESPN cramming the "playoff wins" thing down everyones throat about Flacco is getting old. The Ravens have 63 wins in the last 5 years, not Flacco. A fantastic defense and head coach are much more of the reason they have those wins than Joe Flacco.

I wonder what you think of our QB's.

What do we have to do with this?
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
Particulars on Joe Flacco's deal: $52 million guaranteed. $51M over 2 years. $62M for 3 years, per Joe Linta
(https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/308417998543265792)

Just curious.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
Particulars on Joe Flacco's deal: $52 million guaranteed. $51M over 2 years. $62M for 3 years, per Joe Linta
(https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/308417998543265792)

that's a ridiculous amount of guaranteed money.

Just curious.

BS!

You want to know what he thinks about Smith specifically. Just come out and say it dude

"Check his playoff numbers. Also, QB rating and completion percentage are things that have been overrated by a select group of people on here. Should he be the highest paid QB? No. But he's damn good.

Furthermore,hearing some of the crap about him being mediocre, then all over the board seeing Smith being hailed as a top QB is extremely strange.

Mediocre?"
Originally posted by aTx49er:

Just curious.

BS!

You want to know what he thinks about Smith specifically. Just come out and say it dude

"Check his playoff numbers. Also, QB rating and completion percentage are things that have been overrated by a select group of people on here. Should he be the highest paid QB? No. But he's damn good.

Furthermore,hearing some of the crap about him being mediocre, then all over the board seeing Smith being hailed as a top QB is extremely strange.

Mediocre?"

So my opinion that Alex Smith was a good QB and my opinion that Joe Flacco shouldnt have been paid the richest contract in NFL history somehow contradict??

Smith and Flacco are both good QB. Flacco is better, but neither of them are the kind of QB that lead the way for a franchise. Flacco and Smith are the types of QB that can be highly successful when put in the right system that is geared towards their strengths. But, they arent in the same class as guys like Rodgers and Brees.

Again, i reference you to the QBR totals for 2012. Joe Flacco was ranked 25th in the regular season. If the Ravens want to pay him 20 mil a season thats their own business, but it doesnt change the fact that they made a huge mistake. 80 mil wouldve been fair. 100 mil wouldve been overpriced. 120 mil is totally insane, and a major mismanagement of team assets.

The heart of their team is on D, and the D is getting geriatric. These next 6-7 years arent going to be "window wide open" for more titles. Its going to involve alot of rebuilding the defense.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
BS!

Mediocre?"

You are obsessed. I want to see what he thinks of both QB's. If you continue this crap I'll report you.
With his guarantees and other bonuses Flacco will make 30 million this year
Lololololololololololololololololololololololol

This! I remember the Ravens fans on here talking sh!t about how great Flacco was and that there was no luck involved in all the jump balls he got away with last season. I said I hope they lock him up super long term at 20 mil per year! Guess I got my wish for the most part. Flacco's been riding the coat tails of a balanced strong team for seasons now the same way Alex has the past two. Sooner or later the wins will stop. You can't have one player making that kind of money without handcuffing the rest of team in one way or another. Thats a ton of cap space for one player. Would anybody outside of Baltimore honestly put Joe Fleeco in the same category as Brees, Brady, the Mannings, Rodgers? Seems pretty ridiculous to me but pay that man his money. His receivers earned it for him. LOL
Originally posted by NinerG94:

This! I remember the Ravens fans on here talking sh!t about how great Flacco was and that there was no luck involved in all the jump balls he got away with last season. I said I hope they lock him up super long term at 20 mil per year! Guess I got my wish for the most part. Flacco's been riding the coat tails of a balanced strong team for seasons now the same way Alex has the past two. Sooner or later the wins will stop. You can't have one player making that kind of money without handcuffing the rest of team in one way or another. Thats a ton of cap space for one player. Would anybody outside of Baltimore honestly put Joe Fleeco in the same category as Brees, Brady, the Mannings, Rodgers? Seems pretty ridiculous to me but pay that man his money. His receivers earned it for him. LOL

his cap hit for this year is only 6.8M or something like that but it goes up each year after, I think i saw it reported that in year 4 he will have a 29M cap hit
Mr Kraft ...Tom Brady's agent is on the phone $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home