There are 148 users in the forums

Why Not Henry Melton?

Why Not Henry Melton?

He's expected to be franchise tagged, but with our plethora of picks, why don't we work out a trade for Bears DT Henry Melton? He's 26, ferocious, and fills potentially our biggest need. Teams can trade the rights to a franchise tagged player if they sign the tender. There's a speculative article on just this very trade happening between the 49ers and Bears.

Typically, a current year draft pick is worth a future year draft pick plus an additional round, i.e. a 2nd this year is worth a first next year. As a result, we could ship #31 and #61 to Chicago for Henry Melton.

This would be an amazing deal and we would still have pick #34 to take a safety or wide receiver.

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981854281
#31 and #61 for Henry Melton? Awww hell naw. Nice player but that trade is whack. J. Smith and McDonald will continue to start and log most of the snaps so I don't know where Melton fits. He can't play NT at 295 lbs. Seems more like a one-gap penetrating tackle.
no.

I don't see why he couldnt play nose...extremely disruptive
Because Melton isn't a nose tackle and defensive end isn't a position of immediate need.

Also, this is Niner Talk.
He's a 4-3 defensive tackle. Pass.
Not sure if serious?
Oh this is a nickbradley thread?

Share 49erswebzone