There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seattle Seahawks Draft

Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

In Sports Illustrated redraft, they had 3 players selected in the first 15 picks. Lucky or good scouting department?

Its better to be lucky than good. No way they hit like that again. Heck, even the great Mel Kiper Jr. was wrong about Wilson. I used to put more stock in Kiper until he ripped that pick. Wilson arrived in Madison over the 4th of July weekend his last year of college and completely learned an entire pro style system in a month. Was voted a captain after training camp and went on to have arguably the best year of a Badger QB, PERIOD. Wisconsin may never be a called QB factory but what he did was unbelievable. I wasn't surprised one bit by how he played last year. I'd never take him over Luck or Kaepernick. Over RG3 yes.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

In Sports Illustrated redraft, they had 3 players selected in the first 15 picks. Lucky or good scouting department?

Its better to be lucky than good. No way they hit like that again. Heck, even the great Mel Kiper Jr. was wrong about Wilson. I used to put more stock in Kiper until he ripped that pick. Wilson arrived in Madison over the 4th of July weekend his last year of college and completely learned an entire pro style system in a month. Was voted a captain after training camp and went on to have arguably the best year of a Badger QB, PERIOD. Wisconsin may never be a called QB factory but what he did was unbelievable. I wasn't surprised one bit by how he played last year. I'd never take him over Luck or Kaepernick. Over RG3 yes.

I would not take Wilson over RG3, yet!! Wilson was awesome but he did essentially take over a clone of our team. Excellent defense, running game, special teams, and the coaches asked him to do very little early on until he caught on. He was impressive but RG3 came out balling from week one in the Superdome and never let up until the injury bug hit. He was well on his way to burying SEA until he started the series after his 2nd score, then you could see the injury manifesting itself in his drops, throws, and scrambling. Wilson seems smarter about protecting himself but RG3 has the athletic edge in every other category and he put that garbage squad in the playoffs after being very average the year prior
Pete Carroll is a douche.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Not one f**k was given about Seattle

This. Why waste your time, OP?

Yes stop obsessing over those losers
We're like one or two pieces away from winning the SB. Seattle needs so much more. Without that stadium they would be s**t.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
We're like one or two pieces away from winning the SB. Seattle needs so much more. Without that stadium they would be s**t.

what's that so much more we need.. ? you need DB's, depth at D line, a kicker and a reciever... we need a D lineman and a reciever... ? what else do we need?
Originally posted by hawker84:

what else do we need?

To GTFO of here

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

what else do we need?

To GTFO of here

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Not one f**k was given about Seattle

This. Why waste your time, OP?

Yes stop obsessing over those losers

So why are you three posting in NFL Talk then?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

what else do we need?

To GTFO of here

if you have no interest in talking Seahawks with Hawkfans , why are you in a seahawk thread?
[ Edited by hawker84 on Feb 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM ]

what's that so much more we need.. ? you need DB's, depth at D line, a kicker and a reciever... we need a D lineman and a reciever... ? what else do we need?

you need a coach.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

you need a coach.

and to play 16 games at Clink
I pay attention to them because I flipping live here. On the radio here, when Carroll took over, he said plain as day "we want to run the ball and play good defense". I thought that sounded a lot like we were doing. Then that jerk did it, he drafted most of that team and in 2011, they were the mirror image of the Niners except they didn't have anything resembling a QB. I was SO happy when they let Hasselpick go. Harbs actually succeeded in implementing what Carroll was trying to do, but he did it in one year without turning over the entire roster. That had to flame Carroll. He was witnessing his plan working in SF. :)

They are very much like the Niners and lucky as hell in the draft. No way they get lucky again, but now they don't have to. I heard it was the GM that actually had the eye on Wilson and that he sold Carroll on the kid. So their GM knows what he is doing, but Baalke does too. Keep your friends close and enemies closer. When I look at that roster I just can't believe how many of them are later round picks that are starting. They are still beneath us though, our guys are more experienced and still fairly young. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if a few of their players got in trouble with the law or something. Namely the entire secondary. How the hell did that happen? 3 of those guys were draft picks AFTER Carroll got there and Thug-Life Browner was picked out of the CFL. Fricking chickens. Man I want them to have a bad draft, lose a bunch of games and run Carroll out of town for sucking.
Yeah i just remember all the crap they talked about us being a one year wonder type of team that had good fortune. Winning close games, getting lucky bounces, and an inordinate amount of turnovers etc...

I just apply that to the Seacocks and hope for the best.
i hope they pick all BUSTS. f**k the seahawks and f**k wilson