There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seattle Seahawks Draft

Every time I look at a mock draft for the 49ers, I can't help but look at who the Seahawks may draft. I know they they need a WR, but I think they need to shore up their D line also. I've seen some mocks where they pick Floyd (who I think will be gone by 25), Kawann Short, Datone Jones or Jonathan Hankins (whom I like). A dominant D lineman with that secondary would be awesome. Better than our D when healthy? I hope not.

Well here's my stab at the 1st 4 rounds of our draft.

1. Jonathan Hankins DT/DE (but not as a NT, but as a DE on run downs and DT on passing downs)

2. Logan Ryan CB

3. Justin Hunter WR

3. Brandon Jenkins DE (rotational pass rusher with Aldon and Ahmad. Ahmad may not like this because his salary will go down with less sacks)

3. (trade up) Baccari Rambo

4 (comp.) Montori Hughes DT (NT for the future)

So our front 3:

J Smith (Hankins*) Jenkins*

R Francois Hughes*

R McDonald Hankins* Dobbs
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Feb 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM ]
Not one f**k was given about Seattle
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Not one f**k was given about Seattle

This. Why waste your time, OP?
This is not the Draft Forum. Take your obsession there.
Last time I checked, the Seahawks kicked our a** in Seattle. Since Seattle is in our division, is a talented young team, we should worry about them more so than any other team. You can say Seattle is the mirror image of our team, but with a much better secondary. They are very physical, coached well, and have a good scouting department for finding players in the draft.

I admit, I'm a half-glass empty person when it comes to my team. I look at our weaknesses more so than our strengths.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Last time I checked, the Seahawks kicked our a** in Seattle. Since Seattle is in our division, is a talented young team, we should worry about them more so than any other team. You can say Seattle is the mirror image of our team, but with a much better secondary. They are very physical, coached well, and have a good scouting department for finding players in the draft.

I admit, I'm a half-glass empty person when it comes to my team. I look at our weaknesses more so than our strengths.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

In Sports Illustrated redraft, they had 3 players selected in the first 15 picks. Lucky or good scouting department?
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Feb 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM ]
why do you guys have an obsession with Seattle? only time of the year I care about them is the two times we play them.
They are our clone and yes their scouting department is similar to ours. They have imported a lot of knowledgeable people from this organization
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
why do you guys have an obsession with Seattle? only time of the year I care about them is the two times we play them.

I'm obsessed with them because they are in our division and I dislike Pete Carroll.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
In Sports Illustrated redraft, they had 3 players selected in the first 15 picks. Lucky or good scouting department?

of course they did because they hit on Midget in a later round
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
of course they did because they hit on Midget in a later round
And they got a good LB in Wagner and pass rusher in Irvin.
2011 they got stud CB Sherman in the 5th and LB Wright in the 4th.

Later rounds are where you need a scouting department imo
I agree with gold49er ... I hate them when we play them... Otherwise who gives a rats tail!!! Oh yeah... but Richard Sherman is HATEFUL 365 days a year!
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
And they got a good LB in Wagner and pass rusher in Irvin.
2011 they got stud CB Sherman in the 5th and LB Wright in the 4th.

Later rounds are where you need a scouting department imo

LOL do you really wanna compare 2011 drafts?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
LOL do you really wanna compare 2011 drafts?

I'm not comparing our drafts. I'm saying they had a good draft in 2011 also. Two pretty good drafts in a row probably mean they do have a good scouting department.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home