There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alternative name for the Redskins

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Seen a couple stories on PFT about how the Redskins are putting stories on their website about high schools that are proud to have the same mascot. I think it's because the mayor of DC said they should consider changing their name if they built a stadium there, I don't know

This thread is NOT intended to debate whether its offensive

But if you could rename them what would you choose?

I go with Washington Wool because George washingtons teeth were made out of wool

The redskins already have a stadium in DC...i dont get it?

its in Maryland, outside dc

theyre gonna build a new one?
Washington Grafters
Seen a couple stories on PFT about how the Redskins are putting stories on their website about high schools that are proud to have the same mascot. I think it's because the mayor of DC said they should consider changing their name if they built a stadium there, I don't know

I go with Washington Wool because George washingtons teeth were made out of wool

The redskins already have a stadium in DC...i dont get it?

its in Maryland, outside dc

theyre gonna build a new one?

Nah, he just stated if they want to come back to DC, the name is offensive and should be changed.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Nah, he just stated if they want to come back to DC, the name is offensive and should be changed.

skins aint moving to DC anytime soon. no place to put them in DC and Fed Ex Field is still new.

They have their training facility in VA. Use the name of the district and the stadium in MD. They have this market cornered. They don't wanna change that.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:

skins aint moving to DC anytime soon. no place to put them in DC and Fed Ex Field is still new.

They have their training facility in VA. Use the name of the district and the stadium in MD. They have this market cornered. They don't wanna change that.

true Synder through up his Roc Dynasty sign once he moved them from frostburg

I wish they could be the Washington Phalanx or the Obelisks But it's to allegoric and hard to say
Chiefs? oh right taken... if it has to be changed, just call them the Indians.
Washington Smithsonians
I like the Washington Monuments.
Washington Georges
Washington Monuments
Washington Marthas
Washington BookerTs
Washington Nacotchtanks (the native americans that lived in DC)
Washington Wood Thrushes (Washington DC bird)

The Washington Indians
The Washington Americans
The Washington Stars

AKA

/thread
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Feb 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Paul:

then people can shorten that to the Wars like they do with the 'Skins. BOOM!

s**t's too easy.
Pelicans
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Pelicans

lol