There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alternative name for the Redskins

Here in Arizona, there's a high-school that is almost 100% comprised of Indians, their sports teams are known as....the Redskins. Nobody is offended by it, they actually take pride in the name, nobody suggests that it is a slur or anything of the sort.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Here in Arizona, there's a high-school that is almost 100% comprised of Indians, their sports teams are known as....the Redskins. Nobody is offended by it, they actually take pride in the name, nobody suggests that it is a slur or anything of the sort.

I don't understand why people think that if there is something that offends a small group of people it needs to be changed. Even if you offend everyone - why should you care in the least? If someone tells me i've offended them, i say

"And?"

If something offends you, you have the choice not to support it. You don't HAVE to involve it in your life. Nobody is requiring you to be offended.

Seriously, f**k off
the foreskins
The Washington Politically Corrects
Washington Supersonics
It does not help that the president got involved and now the media is blowing this up by not using "Redskins" in the articles.

America is messed up by always conforming to the few.
the washington football redskins

problem solved
Washington Crooks
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I don't understand why people think that if there is something that offends a small group of people it needs to be changed. Even if you offend everyone - why should you care in the least? If someone tells me i've offended them, i say

"And?"

If something offends you, you have the choice not to support it. You don't HAVE to involve it in your life. Nobody is requiring you to be offended.

Seriously, f**k off

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Originally posted by xtm059:
the washington football redskins

problem solved

LOL. you're on fire tonight!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Washington Supersonics

THAT would be hilarious.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Pelicans
This has become a political issue and its terrible especially from the MEDIA who have NO backing on this 8 of 10 Native Americans do NOT find it offensive. Their is nothing negative about the name REDSKINS, usually the ones that complain have no clue, like their song goes:

Hail to the Redskins!!
This country is turning into a bunch of over sensitive pansies. The media is pretty much controlled by the government at this point. After all, if they don't do what they are told, they might lose access to the Whitehouse. So let's turn the story into a big issue so some political figure can take credit for saving those poor offended folks. Not just with a team's name, with everything.

The Skins were named after a group of Warriors, that fought fiercely and were considered to be a threat. They weren't named the Redskins to belittle or disrespect. If that name is changed because of pressure from the government I am going to be very disappointed in our leadership. Something that has been increasing for a long time. Screw with our health care, our taxes and our privacy, that is already bad enough, but stay the hell away from football. Our government is already wasting tax dollars on this when there are far more important things to spend it on.
Dead Presidents