LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Alternative name for the Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Washington Apples
Originally posted by Raul98:
I don't want the name changed I'm not a Redskins fan whatsoever and I have nothing against Native American people but the Redskin name has been around for decades. It's NFL tradition why change it cause someone randomly got a bug up there ass about it. If people strongly fought to get the name changed when it first got started then I would be okay with changing it. But we cant just change things that have been around for decades cause people randomly decide don't like it. Godell better not cave either and change it.

Let me modify your argument to read as something else to see if it makes sense. By changing a few words you will see this all different:

I don't want the name changed I'm not a N*ggers fan whatsoever and I have nothing against Black people but the N*gger name has been around for decades. It's NFL tradition why change it cause someone randomly got a bug up there ass about it. If people strongly fought to get the name changed when it first got started then I would be okay with changing it. But we cant just change things that have been around for decades cause people randomly decide don't like it. Godell better not cave either and change it.
Foreskins
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by Raul98:
I don't want the name changed I'm not a Redskins fan whatsoever and I have nothing against Native American people but the Redskin name has been around for decades. It's NFL tradition why change it cause someone randomly got a bug up there ass about it. If people strongly fought to get the name changed when it first got started then I would be okay with changing it. But we cant just change things that have been around for decades cause people randomly decide don't like it. Godell better not cave either and change it.

Let me modify your argument to read as something else to see if it makes sense. By changing a few words you will see this all different:

I don't want the name changed I'm not a N*ggers fan whatsoever and I have nothing against Black people but the N*gger name has been around for decades. It's NFL tradition why change it cause someone randomly got a bug up there ass about it. If people strongly fought to get the name changed when it first got started then I would be okay with changing it. But we cant just change things that have been around for decades cause people randomly decide don't like it. Godell better not cave either and change it.

Yeah, lets change our name to San Francisco f*ggots and see how that flies.
Media driven story. I read up on the term Redskins and the original meaning had nothing to do with what they say it means now.

The majority of Native Americans don't find it offensive.

A Native American women recounted a story as to why she found it offensive, and it had nothing to do with the name. She went to a Cowboys and Redskins game and there were many people dressed as Indians. That is what she found offensive.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Washington Rubyskins
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Media driven story. I read up on the term Redskins and the original meaning had nothing to do with what they say it means now.

The majority of Native Americans don't find it offensive.

A Native American women recounted a story as to why she found it offensive, and it had nothing to do with the name. She went to a Cowboys and Redskins game and there were many people dressed as Indians. That is what she found offensive.

media frenzy with Obamas comments and Snyders recent comments.

But it doesnt help with so many college teams that have changed their names that were considered offending
  • Jiks
Washington MyNuts
Washington Football Bullets
Buckskins

Washington Extraskins
Washington Pinkskins

Blackskins
Brownskins
Blueskins
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Washington Extraskins

beef curtains?
Washington Governments???..with Shutdown defense?
Foreskins
Share 49ersWebzone