Not a member? Register Now!

Vince Young took out a $300,000 loan to pay for his birthday party

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

$300k for a topless men only party?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
seriously, how many hookers and blow had to be at this party for it to reach $300K?

Forget about all the money he actually made from playing in the NFL, and take the $26 million he got in 2006. Now nearly 7 years later, that means that ON AVERAGE he spent $3,714,285.71 a year over the last 7 years, never mind that he reportedly was in a financial bind after just 5 years.

How much do you all make? Let's say you make $50K: that $3,714.285.71 average yearly money Vince was making? that would represent about SEVENTY FOUR YEARS OF YOUR ANNUAL INCOME.

Insane. There is NO excuse for these reportedly 78% of NFL players going broke. NONE.

I have seen bottle service and VIP run hundreds of dollars per head per hour in Vegas so I could see how someone could rack up six figures on a party but it is a dumb thing to do.
Wasn't Young allegedly ripped off by relatives as well?
Not that he didn't make a lot of money but he likely got to keep less than half of his salary.
It is sad that these guys blow there dough. These guys make a lot of bad business decisions as well.

It isn't just football players either. Curt Schilling earned $115 million just in baseball salary and was broke within five years of retirement.

true, but in different ways. He made bad investments. but so are parties

Are Lamborghinis (including one bought from Jose Canseco when he was going broke) considered investments? Curt Schilling spent money on dumb stuff as well as making bad investments and his investment in the video game company was no smarter than athletes who open clubs and restaurants. Schilling had no business in that business.

and Rhode Island had no business giving him a huge loan to bring the company there
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
and Rhode Island had no business giving him a huge loan to bring the company there

WTF were they thinking? What did Schilling say to them to make them think he could run any business much less a high tech company. The guys qualifications begin and end with being an avid video game player.
It is also hilariously hypocritical for a guy with his political views to ask for corporate welfare.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Why is it always the black offensive skill players that end up like this? I hate to say that, cause it's not a race thing. It's a pride thing. Scoring lots of touchdowns makes you proud. Getting drafted high makes you proud. Kids that think they are untouchable don't take school seriously. They don't take teamwork seriously. For most of their lives (ever since they stepped on a football field) it's been all about them. They can't imagine themselves as failures because they have always been successful. So when they get those big contracts, they don't think about the future. They don't think about perfecting their craft and working hard everyday. They just spend, spend, and spend.... to gratify their pride. It gets worse when they stop playing football.... because then they aren't scoring touchdowns. All they have is money to spend. And since they have so much pride it takes a lot of money to satisfy them. It's like an addiction.

This has little to do with race and more to do with socio-economic class. People who've been raised poor don't know how to handle all that money or the vultures that swoop in to get a piece. Same reason why over 70% of lottery winners go broke. Mo money mo problems........
I have seen bottle service and VIP run hundreds of dollars per head per hour in Vegas so I could see how someone could rack up six figures on a party but it is a dumb thing to do.
Wasn't Young allegedly ripped off by relatives as well?
Not that he didn't make a lot of money but he likely got to keep less than half of his salary.
It is sad that these guys blow there dough. These guys make a lot of bad business decisions as well.

It isn't just football players either. Curt Schilling earned $115 million just in baseball salary and was broke within five years of retirement.

Because Schilling made a lot of REALLY bad investments.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

And a Lance Armstrong wristband.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
This has little to do with race and more to do with socio-economic class. People who've been raised poor don't know how to handle all that money or the vultures that swoop in to get a piece. Same reason why over 70% of lottery winners go broke. Mo money mo problems........

If I had a million dollars, I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadullah who works in securities.
That's a big Meech type party
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

loil

yeah where the b***hes at?

I'm ugly but i can get some decent ass once in awhile.
If I had a million dollars, I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadullah who works in securities.

Two chicks at the same time
Originally posted by YungAce:
That's a big Meech type party

That's right spend that money

Two chicks at the same time

I use to feel sorry for players that go broke. Not any more! If I become a home owner... I would feel rich!! Lol
VY is the classic case of scouts being wowed by what they saw as a "can't miss" prospect. The one thing they apparently forgot to check out is his character...his will to succeed, no matter what. He's had more than enough chances to prove he's worth something...and he's blown it every time. What a waste...