There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

The irony is that Ray Lewis had a horrible game. If the Ravens had lost, that would have been the story. Gore faked him out of his shoes a couple times and Davis completely owned him.
The officiating was bad but it didn't cost us the game. And I'm sorry to have to say this again but the 49ers WERE outplayed on Sunday. We were also out-coached, out-muscled and and flat out embarrassed and our entire coaching staff needs to be held accountable for this and stop whining about the non calls which I completely agreed SHOULD have been called. They were called on us and I'd be as pissed off as anyone if it hadn't been for that first half flop our team put up. I'm still completely embarrassed about it and its our own teams short comings that have and will continue to haunt me for a long time. I'm completely embarrassed that our team represented such a strong NFC conference in the biggest game of them all. Our team let down alot more than just themselves and 49ers fans. The 49ers had no business even being in that game playing the way they played. I'm still devastated and will be for a very long time.
The Ravens made more big plays, mostly long fly balls thrown up by Flacco that Culliver failed to contest, and the kickoff return was a tough punch, but let's keep in mind that the Niners had over a hundred yards more offense and 23 first downs to the Ravens 21. They held Ray Rice to 59 yards. So, it's not such a convincing case that they were simply out played. They were out played because they lost the game, but it wasn't a slam dunk. To be embarrassed by their play is a complete over-reaction to the loss.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The Ravens made more big plays, mostly long fly balls thrown up by Flacco that Culliver failed to contest, and the kickoff return was a tough punch, but let's keep in mind that the Niners had over a hundred yards more offense and 23 first downs to the Ravens 21. They held Ray Rice to 59 yards. So, it's not such a convincing case that they were simply out played. They were out played because they lost the game, but it wasn't a slam dunk. To be embarrassed by their play is a complete over-reaction to the loss.

Yup. We were five yards away from having the most epic comeback in super bowl history.

Then the tone around here would he completely the opposite.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
You are so stuck in justifying them you cant see the point. My point is if the refs are going to "let them play", THEN LET THEM PLAY! Dont let them play on one side of the ball and throw the flag on the other. The contact on Crabs was more severe than the contact on Boldin. "And to be fair" Torrey Smith was NOT held on every play thats BS. You forget there is a such thing as DVR? I watched the game 3 times now.

I bet we lost everytime though didn't we?

This team has so much potential it's not even funny. The better team didn't win sunday, but the Ravens did play better. It'll never go down as a tainted super bowl, It hurts how close we were to winning. But I still congratulate the Ravens, they played a great game.


What evidence do you have to say "the better team didnt win Sunday" other than the score? The better team does not always prevail. I congradulate the Ravens just as much as I congradulate the Seahawks for beating the Packers in week 2. Time after time I and others have pointed out how we were not outplayed, but fell victim to a Ray Lewis "going out party", and were made to be the "villians of story for the entire two weeks. Think about how much they will make on their NFL Films documentary on Ray Lewis or the 2012 Ravens. Thing is, im not afraid to believe whats in front of me. Im not too nieve or cool to connect something so obvious. Then they had the nerve to change the officials (to a less competent team, for unaddressed reasons) then, three opportunities to either tie the game or win was was chalked up to "no calls".


Thats not the end. Each of the penalties that were masked by "allowing them to play" were ALL called on the opposite side of the ball within the second to last drive and led to the three points that would have given us the lead at 1:45 rather than having to go for it on 4th. Now why didnt "the super bowl" influence the refs calls in such critical late 4th quarter moments? Now please share with us how this cannot be translated to the refs costing the 9ers the game? I know its translated as a "good sport" to take it in stride or "charge it to the game", but in my book its either fear or complete stupidity. What if the Saints and their players had not "whined" about an injustice? No matter how anyone cuts it, outplayed is not something that Ravens did Sunday. They were given the win but they did not outplay the 9ers.....Im sorry.


Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I really hate being THAT guy. I don't want to sit hear and claim officiating cost us the game. Fact is, we gave that game away in the first half and the officiating was the icing on the purple cake. That's going to be a loss I'll remember the rest of my life. Could have been the most monumental comeback of all time.

Unfortunately, it did.

We nearly gave that game away in Atlanta but alas we recovered and won.


Exactly. Do they not understand that according to their logic, all that had to happen is ATL get a no call or bad call on our last drive and "we would not have shown up"? And this is under the same logic that would say the Packers didnt show up in week 2 either. Its rediculous how people subscribe to this ra ra groupthink that is not rational. Saying the refs cannot cost you the game is like saying your boss cannot cost you your job, or the cops cannot be the reason you are in a locked up, or the mediators on this site cannot be the reason that you cant post on this site.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,754
Guys, remember this pass that was underthrown to Jacoby Jones for like a 40 yard gain?


I wonder if anyone has bothered to take a closer look, because i did.



Flacco shouldve been sacked by Justin Smith, but alas, another missed call.
^^^ Add it to the list! The conspiracy theorist will love to know that today, it has been uncovered that over 680 world soccer matches had been fixed (most likely). You don't think American Football is a big-$ business playing to the love of drama/commercial entertainment (and Ray Lewis-like happy endings)?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/soccer-match-fixing-investigation-betting-scam_n_2622092.html

Fun to think about...open mind.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,874
I think, even though the it would have been a miracle to come back after turning it over on fourth down, the fact that the officials did not throw a flag during the punt from the endzone, speaks volumes. Looking at the situation, even if they did throw a flag, time would have still ticked off the clock and they would have only been set back ten yards on the kickoff. Still, there is nowhere in the official rulebook that you don't throw a flag because you foresee the consequence being insignificant. Ten yards on the kickoff, could in fact be significant, however.

Nevertheless, the fact that the officials kept their flags in their pockets when there was intentional holding by at least 7 Ravens players, if not more, shows that they were INSTRUCTED to not throw their flags. To me that compromises the integrity of the game. Essentially, the NFL is saying that no matter the obviousness of the call to keep your flags in your pocket. In this example, it may in fact be the most obvious holding penalty in the history of the game as I don't think I've ever heard of 7 or 8 players being held INTENTIONALLY and WITH BLATANCY ever go without a flag thrown. In no simpler terms, the NFL is rewarding those who are willing to break the rules (or cheat) at the end of the game.

No wonder they didn't throw a flag on the fourth and goal play. Compared to the punt, Crabtree wasn't even touched. I'm having a ridiculously hard time getting over the end of this game. At some point I'm just going to have to let go and chalk it up to the ridiculousness of the NFL, a league I hate that houses a team I love. It's just with this reluctant acceptance that I can move forward and continue to support the team I love. But by no means is the NFL exonerated, in my mind, of created an a compromised atmosphere in which this competition takes place. *
Originally posted by NinerG94:
The officiating was bad but it didn't cost us the game. And I'm sorry to have to say this again but the 49ers WERE outplayed on Sunday. We were also out-coached, out-muscled and and flat out embarrassed and our entire coaching staff needs to be held accountable for this and stop whining about the non calls which I completely agreed SHOULD have been called. They were called on us and I'd be as pissed off as anyone if it hadn't been for that first half flop our team put up. I'm still completely embarrassed about it and its our own teams short comings that have and will continue to haunt me for a long time. I'm completely embarrassed that our team represented such a strong NFC conference in the biggest game of them all. Our team let down alot more than just themselves and 49ers fans. The 49ers had no business even being in that game playing the way they played. I'm still devastated and will be for a very long time.


Originally posted by THEB:
Guys, remember this pass that was underthrown to Jacoby Jones for like a 40 yard gain?


I wonder if anyone has bothered to take a closer look, because i did.



Flacco shouldve been sacked by Justin Smith, but alas, another missed call.


So basically the 9ers not only was not outplayed, but they also put up this epic performance vs the refs. Im proud of these dudes and cannot be mad at them at all. That pressure that had been saving our secondary was present, but in this instance the pass rush's insurance provider (refs) did not cover their damage (holding). So it ended up costing us a TD. Both of Jacoby Jones' TD's were due to some nasty no calls.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Feb 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM ]
This article confirms the speculation that calls were blown.

http://deadspin.com/5979862/is-the-nfl-rigging-the-system-to-put-an-unqualified-referee-in-the-super-bowl

This article was written 5 days before the game.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
So basically the 9ers not only was not outplayed, but they also put up this epic performance vs the refs. Im proud of these dudes and cannot be mad at them at all. That pressure that had been saving our secondary was present, but in this instance the pass rush's insurance provider (refs) did not cover their damage (holding). So it ended up costing us a TD. Both of Jacoby Jones' TD's were due to some nasty no calls.

Again, all of that means dick considering we didn't show up to play until the third quarter. The refs weren't responsible for our lack of passion and lack of focus in the first half. The 49ers couldn't overcome their won mistakes. Like I said before. Had we shown up and played 60 minutes, I'd be just as furious as the next guy. BUT..... since the team could only muster to play 29 minutes of real football, how are you going to put it on the refs? Should never have come down to one last series.

I mean seriously, its the fing superbowl and we come out on the first series and can't get lined up right? Who are you kidding? That in itself is more embarrassing than the loss. We couldn't even get lined up right on the fist play of the fuking game and you're b***hing about two or three other non calls by the refs? There were far bigger issues in this game. Sorry for the language mods. Just getting tired of all the whining about irrelevant issues.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I think, even though the it would have been a miracle to come back after turning it over on fourth down, the fact that the officials did not throw a flag during the punt from the endzone, speaks volumes. Looking at the situation, even if they did throw a flag, time would have still ticked off the clock and they would have only been set back ten yards on the kickoff. Still, there is nowhere in the official rulebook that you don't throw a flag because you foresee the consequence being insignificant. Ten yards on the kickoff, could in fact be significant, however.

Nevertheless, the fact that the officials kept their flags in their pockets when there was intentional holding by at least 7 Ravens players, if not more, shows that they were INSTRUCTED to not throw their flags. To me that compromises the integrity of the game. Essentially, the NFL is saying that no matter the obviousness of the call to keep your flags in your pocket. In this example, it may in fact be the most obvious holding penalty in the history of the game as I don't think I've ever heard of 7 or 8 players being held INTENTIONALLY and WITH BLATANCY ever go without a flag thrown. In no simpler terms, the NFL is rewarding those who are willing to break the rules (or cheat) at the end of the game.

No wonder they didn't throw a flag on the fourth and goal play. Compared to the punt, Crabtree wasn't even touched. I'm having a ridiculously hard time getting over the end of this game. At some point I'm just going to have to let go and chalk it up to the ridiculousness of the NFL, a league I hate that houses a team I love. It's just with this reluctant acceptance that I can move forward and continue to support the team I love. But by no means is the NFL exonerated, in my mind, of created an a compromised atmosphere in which this competition takes place. *

This this this!!! The fact that both teams acknowledged that holding occured on that punt and no flag was thrown was to me, a huge red flag.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,570
Stop acting like sore losers, you are embarrassing the rest of us.
As horrible as that non-call of holding Justin Smith is, the thing that really pisses me off is Culliver. I don't want to spend another season watching him fail to locate a long bomb and not contend for it again. He just can't seem to locate the ball coming down on a long bomb. Seems like it happened at least once a game.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
As horrible as that non-call of holding Justin Smith is, the thing that really pisses me off is Culliver. I don't want to spend another season watching him fail to locate a long bomb and not contend for it again. He just can't seem to locate the ball coming down on a long bomb. Seems like it happened at least once a game.

Yeah but he's going nowhere.