There are 534 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Super Bowl at Giant Stadium in New Jersey

@ flacco's comment
I hope it snows for the game!
Weather forecast Feb. 8, 2013 - New England to expect 2 feet of snow, NYC 10-14 inches. That date is a week after next years Super Bowl. The NFL has no checks and balances, the powers that be say no penalties in the SB, there are no penalties. They say let's have a SB the beginning of Feb in NJ they do it. Where are the NFL meetings this year, Hawaii? Dana Point? San Diego? Florida?
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Weather forecast Feb. 8, 2013 - New England to expect 2 feet of snow, NYC 10-14 inches. That date is a week after next years Super Bowl. The NFL has no checks and balances, the powers that be say no penalties in the SB, there are no penalties. They say let's have a SB the beginning of Feb in NJ they do it. Where are the NFL meetings this year, Hawaii? Dana Point? San Diego? Florida?

Quit your yapping. Football is meant to be played outside. If you can't win in the cold you don't deserve to be champion.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I think they should have a Superbowl in Green Bay and Chicago. They should have a rotation among NFL team stadiums (except Oakland).

During our divisional game it was 5 degrees in Green Bay with a below zero windchill. Great idea!
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Quit your yapping. Football is meant to be played outside. If you can't win in the cold you don't deserve to be champion.

Take a poll of fans if the biggest game of the year should be played in ideal conditions. I love football played in sub-zero temps, and driving rainstorms, but are we seeing the best quality of play in bad weather conditions? In 47 years how many Super Bowls have been played in open air stadiums in the East and mid-east?

Take a poll of fans if the biggest game of the year should be played in ideal conditions. I love football played in sub-zero temps, and driving rainstorms, but are we seeing the best quality of play in bad weather conditions? In 47 years how many Super Bowls have been played in open air stadiums in the East and mid-east?

I agree with Reign. Line up, play the game, and shattup.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I agree with Reign. Line up, play the game, and shattup.
I agree with Stoney, line up, play the game, and Shut-down.
The only people who are complaining about the superbowl being outdoors are the media and p***y quarterbacks. In my opinion there's nothing like outdoor cold weather football!! The air is electric and unless you've been to a cold weather game its hard to describe. The superbowl has become a circus with the media and its nothing more than a warm weather winter vacation for them. I've read different articles about how the media thinks it will turn people away etc. I just laugh. Both conference championship games sell out when outdoors. Do people honestly believe there's a weather change in the two weeks leading up to the superbowl? Whatever, let the rich stay home if they dont like it. I'll take their seat!

Well this years superbowl was played indoors and it was far from quality football in just about every way possible. The teams, the coaches, the refs, the facility (blackout). Seriously, atleast the refs would have a reason for not calling penalties if they're froze stiff!
I love it. I mean, the weather is definitely a concern, be it freezing temp's or possible snow, but living in NJ it's going to be awesome. All the more so if our Niners get back to the big dance!
the Superbowl should always be played in Cali

switching between the new santa clara stadium and Qualcomm(chargers)
and maybe some colleges like stanford or the rose bowl

but seriously it shouldnt matter because both teams are playing under the same conditions
if we end up playing DEN or NE then they might have an advantage being from cold weather places but every other factor is in the NFC (GB, MIN, CHI, NY) so not worried
[ Edited by RealShaloop on Feb 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Its a brillant move because the premise was that since any other game is played in the elements...why not the Super Bowl. Me growing up 10 minutes from Metlife not withstanding, the NFL needed to give a region a shot at a SB to see how it would do. What better area than NY/NJ with all the attractions and other venues in the area it was a no brainer. If it doesn't work...just don't do it again. Simple. But you at least have to see how it works out...and if there is any weather mishap...just require that cold weather cities have retractable roofs to be eligble to host a SB.

Except there's nothing in New Jersey, and any attraction you want to go to is like an hour away!!!
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Its a brillant move because the premise was that since any other game is played in the elements...why not the Super Bowl. Me growing up 10 minutes from Metlife not withstanding, the NFL needed to give a region a shot at a SB to see how it would do. What better area than NY/NJ with all the attractions and other venues in the area it was a no brainer. If it doesn't work...just don't do it again. Simple. But you at least have to see how it works out...and if there is any weather mishap...just require that cold weather cities have retractable roofs to be eligble to host a SB.

Except there's nothing in New Jersey, and any attraction you want to go to is like an hour away!!!

Don't rag on New Jersey!

Sure, the area immediately surrounding the stadium is garbage (but isn't that mostly the case everywhere?) but they're going to drive visitors to Manhattan, Hoboken, etc. There's plenty to do there-- nightlife, food, music, etc.

Other parts of North Jersey have a lot of great places as well.
I totally agree w/Flacco...at best, you're going to get very cold, windy weather. At worst...well, they just had it this past weekend. I hope they have a blizzard next year for the SB...then maybe Goodell will see the light (I said maybe).