There are 218 users in the forums

2014 Super Bowl at Giant Stadium in New Jersey

Shop 49ers game tickets
I grew up in Jersey a diehard niner fan and all my life i've gotten s**t from jets and giants fans. I love my team and will tailgate this superbowl in speedos.. 140 below freezing points with wind chills that would scare the Yeti.
I grew up in Jersey a diehard niner fan and all my life i've gotten s**t from jets and giants fans. I love my team and will tailgate this superbowl in speedos.. 140 below freezing points with wind chills that would scare the Yeti.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Who is that and where does it originate from?

futbol player cristiano ronaldo (right after his team Portugal was bounced from Euro 2012 by Spain on penalty shootout...) he was the fifth shooter, but it never got to him as a couple of his teammates choked & Spain clinched it....he's actually mouthing "injustica" which is portuguese for "injustice"
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Maybe I wasn't aware or have not followed it closely enough but the 2014 Super Bowl will be played at Giant Stadium. This has to be one of the worst decisions the NFL has ever made. The game is scheduled for Feb the 2nd. I've lived in NYC, that time of year there's a good chance it will be below freezing. I'm old school and love to see games in cold weather but not the biggest game of the year. The Mara and Tisch families have power but I never knew how much until now. Here's hoping for a blizzard with sub zero temps and the game being called off.

I live in jersey and I don't see a problem w/ the sb being hosted here in NJ. For once I may just be able to afford tickets to the big game!
I love the idea. I believe football is meant to be played outdoors, on grass, in the elements. Not on carpet in air conditioning under a dome.

Who wouldn't love to see Super Bowls come to all the great stadiums like Lambeau, Soldier Field, etc? So sick of Tampa, Atlanta, New Orleans, repeat...
NFL stated today that there will more than likely not be a super bowl halftime event/concert because it will be too cold to perform, and construct a set. Now I am not a huge fan of the the halftime event, but a lot of people are...even if they wont admit it. Another indicator or Super Bowl in NY in Feb. was a bad idea.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
NFL stated today that there will more than likely not be a super bowl halftime event/concert because it will be too cold to perform, and construct a set. Now I am not a huge fan of the the halftime event, but a lot of people are...even if they wont admit it. Another indicator or Super Bowl in NY in Feb. was a bad idea.

cha ching....charge full price to SB tickets to fans and deprive them of a SB half time show...
The Niners gonna lose this Super Bowl too because of the bad weather
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

I thought there would be a halftime show just not at the stadium... I'm sure most people at the game will out of there seats anyway trying to stay warm.
It's a horrible idea. The Super Bowl should be in perfect weather conditions. Don't let weather decide a Super Bowl.

Expect our high powered offense be slowed down to molasses if we make it back to the big dance.
NFL better hope its just cold and nothing else. I live on the East Coast (DC) and have been to NYC in February. It's usually cold as f**k with either snow or rain or both.

What about the fan experience during the week? I'm assuming it will have to be indoors somewhere.

Where will everyone be gathering (media)? The stadium is in Jersey. How will they incorporate Manhattan into it or will they at all?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A-broken-Mir:
NFL better hope its just cold and nothing else. I live on the East Coast (DC) and have been to NYC in February. It's usually cold as f**k with either snow or rain or both.

What about the fan experience during the week? I'm assuming it will have to be indoors somewhere.

Where will everyone be gathering (media)? The stadium is in Jersey. How will they incorporate Manhattan into it or will they at all?

Plenty of cold weather areas have hosted the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by A-broken-Mir:

Plenty of cold weather areas have hosted the Super Bowl.

I know it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay different, but the CFL holds the Grey Cup in late Novemeber in the cold every other year basically and they always ahve a good half time show either way. Now, when I say a good show I may be talking about Nelly Furtado instead of Beyonce, but the point is they wear a little more clothing and it is all good. If it is in NJ they should have Springsteen and Bon Jovi do a double bill. Nobody wants them to see them with no shirts on anyways at this point so they can wear warmer clothers. Then when it is back in warm climates after that we go back to hot chicks only.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It could very well be 25 degrees at kick off and 18 before the game ends. If I paid $2,000 for a seat, and $10 a beer I would be real pissed if my beer froze over before I could drink it.
Share 49ersWebzone