There are 184 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Super Bowl at Giant Stadium in New Jersey

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Driving across the New Jersey Turnpike maybe catching the glorious smell from Secaucus, passing the Vince Lombardi Service area where more than a few bodies have been found in the trunks of cars. The hour long exit from the Stadium, being stuck at the George Washington Bridge for another hour. I'll put up with all of that, but don't call them the New York Giants and the New York Jets it's New Jersey. Even though those of us born in NY never considered Joisey part of the US.

Lol ur from NY? Then u should kno that 75% of ur electricity comes from NJ power plants haha n I've lived in jersey my entire life n never encountered one person that said joisey... Haha n ok secaucus smells like s**t but have u ever been anywhere besides the turnpike? We have 3 of the top 10 richest counties in America While u have 1 in the top 15 not to mention on garbage days NYC sidewalks are covered with garbage bags haha
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cmix23:
Driving across the New Jersey Turnpike maybe catching the glorious smell from Secaucus, passing the Vince Lombardi Service area where more than a few bodies have been found in the trunks of cars. The hour long exit from the Stadium, being stuck at the George Washington Bridge for another hour. I'll put up with all of that, but don't call them the New York Giants and the New York Jets it's New Jersey. Even though those of us born in NY never considered Joisey part of the US.

Lol ur from NY? Then u should kno that 75% of ur electricity comes from NJ power plants haha n I've lived in jersey my entire life n never encountered one person that said joisey... Haha n ok secaucus smells like s**t but have u ever been anywhere besides the turnpike? We have 3 of the top 10 richest counties in America While u have 1 in the top 15 not to mention on garbage days NYC sidewalks are covered with garbage bags haha

How about the whole east coast sucks and we'll leave it at that.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Stop whining.

NYC / NJ is cool.

That's ok. We never thought "New Yawk" was part of the planet. And everyone knows "New Yawk" is the butt-end of the Lincoln Tunnel.
The bloody New Jersey Nets/Devils (when they played across MetLife) shouldn't have been called New Jersey then if the Giants and Jets are able to use New York as a name.

That being said, I hope this Super Bowl is snowy
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Awesome!
Football is meant to be played outdoors. I hate domes.

I agree, it should be played outside. But why have the possibility of weather effecting the biggest game of the year? seems like a bad idea to me.

Sure, have it outside but have it in Cali or Florida not a place where it could be snowing and freezing.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Today 12 miles south of giants stadium is 67 degrees last wednesday it was 11 degrees 0 with wind chill. No different than playing in buffalo or green bay in December or january
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The Giants and Jets will get all the calls next year, the league will try their best to get one or both of the new york teams in that super bowl. Imagine if Atlanta, New Orleans, or the Texans were to get in. From the comfort of the dome to below freezing! The more I think of it, this is a pretty bad idea.

Seahawks, Packers, Giants, and New England would have a huge advantage if they got there next year.

I think our team is built to play in any weather (run game and defense).

no help amount of help from Refs will save the Jets from Mark Sanchez..................
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
no help amount of help from Refs will save the Jets from Mark Sanchez..................

That's the God to honest truth right there. LOL.
Will be very interesting to see how it goes next year in NYC. Hopefully the other team isn't to upset after we beat them down in the cold.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Stop whining.

NYC / NJ is cool.

What to do about the Santa Clara 49ers?

Why, oh why did they not build the new joint on Hunter's Point with killer views of the bay, huge tailgate area, the works. Even government funded cleanup..sucks...For me, it won't "feel" like the "San Fransisco 49ers" much at all, it will be some basterdized version with them trying to market out that thought from everyones head..BTW

GO NINERS!!!!!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Who is that and where does it originate from?
double post
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Feb 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM ]