There are 238 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith: The Aftermath (Post SB)

What blows me away is the rude and frankly stupid attitude some people who claim to be 9er fans have toward Alex Smith.

Alex Smith not only set some all time 9er and NFL records, played with NO offensive line and subsequently had his shoulder blown out on a deliberate pancake sack, with NO receivers until Davis showed up, and STILL hung in there loyal and almost got an inferior team to the Superbowl with almost perfect passing accuracy.

AND he personally went searching for that beautiful poor girl who was abducted and never found, drawing tons of people to join searching for her.

No he isn't Montana, or Young, or Brees, or Kaep.

But I think there are a few too many "fans" here who are simply punks.

If KC gives Smith enough to work with he is going to win games that most QB's in the league wouldn't have a prayer of winning on their own. He's that precise and that smart. Madden and so many other greats have always said the team who turns the ball over in the playoffs loses. Smith doesn't do that often if he has a team with ANYTHING RESEMBLING an offensive line.

Yes I am glad we have Kaep of course, but sometimes I wonder about some 9er "fans."

Smith has class, intelligence, a solid arm, can run better than most NFL QB's, and is loyal as hell and was one of the best 49er quarterbacks in history.

He deserves respect. And he may be an issue next year depending on the climate in KC.
[ Edited by 49erWay on Jun 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM ]
Only good feelings and well wishes for Alex Smith here. I hope he does well in KC, and I really think he will.
Not sure why this thread was bumped besides the lack of a current AS thread. I'm sure the usual suspects will show up soon and get this one locked too........
Originally posted by 49erWay:
What blows me away is the rude and frankly stupid attitude some people who claim to be 9er fans have toward Alex Smith.

Alex Smith not only set some all time 9er and NFL records, played with NO offensive line and subsequently had his shoulder blown out on a deliberate pancake sack, with NO receivers until Davis showed up, and STILL hung in there loyal and almost got an inferior team to the Superbowl with almost perfect passing accuracy.

AND he personally went searching for that beautiful poor girl who was abducted and never found, drawing tons of people to join searching for her.

If KC gives Smith enough to work with he is going to win games that most QB's in the league wouldn't have a prayer of winning on their own. He's that precise and that smart. Madden and so many other greats have always said the team who turns the ball over in the playoffs loses. Smith doesn't do that often if he has a team with ANYTHING RESEMBLING an offensive line.

Yes I am glad we have Kaep of course, but sometimes I wonder about some 9er "fans."

Smith has class, intelligence, a solid arm, can run better than most NFL QB's, and is loyal as hell and was one of the best 49er quarterbacks in history.

He deserves respect. And he may be an issue next year depending on the climate in KC.

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Not sure why this thread was bumped besides the lack of a current AS thread. I'm sure the usual suspects will show up soon and get this one locked too........

ask and you shall receive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9plNqVr2qRo 1:23

Alex Smith is f**king garbage bro sorry
Why bump this thread? Can't people move on?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Why bump this thread? Can't people move on?

Man I'm thinking about starting a Goldson or Sopoaga "the aftermath" thread because I can't get over that they're gone.
i like alex as a person, but sorry, he was not one of the best QBs in 49ers history. i don't have the facts and stats to back it up, because i bashed my brains too many times watching him play the first 6 years, so memory is blurry there. but i'm pretty sure it was awful.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jun 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
i like alex as a person, but sorry, he was not one of the best QBs in 49ers history. i don't have the facts and stats to back it up, because i bashed my brains too many times watching him play the first 6 years, so memory is blurry there. but i'm pretty sure it was awful.

THIS!! ^ ( liked him as a decent guy but he was paid to play QB and he just plain sucked for the majority of his time here)
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Alex Smith is f**king garbage bro sorry

A completely unnecessary and inaccurate comment.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

LOL. Seriously. Much respect and well wishes to Alex, but MAN ALIVE, turn the freakin' page...

Noted.