LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Alex Smith: The Aftermath (Post SB)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
In my opinion, if Alex does not play a prominent role in this game today, a Super Bowl win is somewhat incomplete. Although I have never been one of the board cheerleaders for Smith, this was the guy who rallied everyone during the summer of the lockout, even paying airline fares for players flying out to California to practice. To me, it would be a shame to not enjoy the reward of the bad years and keeping the team together. Rotting on the bench with a 100+ rating is a shame.
wtf punk azz Alex Smith would have done? We wouldn't even be playing in this game if wasn't for Kaep! gtfoh!!
Originally posted by TurlockCK7:
wtf punk azz Alex Smith would have done? We wouldn't even be playing in this game if wasn't for Kaep! gtfoh!!

Love how Niner fans turn on each other
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
put in Alex
Originally posted by susweel:
put in Alex

LOL
  • Jiks
put in Alex

At Safety
put in Alex

LOL!
Read some good stuff about Alex in KC lately. One even dares to compare his situation to when Drew Brees went to NO. LOL
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Read some good stuff about Alex in KC lately. One even dares to compare his situation to when Drew Brees went to NO. LOL

That would be a hell of a story, KC vs SF in the super bowl
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

That would be a hell of a story, KC vs SF in the super bowl

KC wont even get past the Broncos, Pats, Texans..to name a few.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
KC wont even get past the Broncos, Pats, Texans..to name a few.

Like I said though if they did it would be a hell of a story. Pats are falling apart though, and the Broncos D wont nearly be what it was last year, the Texans can be a toss up.

What blows me away is the rude and frankly stupid attitude some people who claim to be 9er fans have toward Alex Smith.

Alex Smith not only set some all time 9er and NFL records, played with NO offensive line and subsequently had his shoulder blown out on a deliberate pancake sack, with NO receivers until Davis showed up, and STILL hung in there loyal and almost got an inferior team to the Superbowl with almost perfect passing accuracy.

AND he personally went searching for that beautiful poor girl who was abducted and never found, drawing tons of people to join searching for her.

No he isn't Montana, or Young, or Brees, or Kaep.

But I think there are a few too many "fans" here who are simply punks.

If KC gives Smith enough to work with he is going to win games that most QB's in the league wouldn't have a prayer of winning on their own. He's that precise and that smart. Madden and so many other greats have always said the team who turns the ball over in the playoffs loses. Smith doesn't do that often if he has a team with ANYTHING RESEMBLING an offensive line.

Yes I am glad we have Kaep of course, but sometimes I wonder about some 9er "fans."

Smith has class, intelligence, a solid arm, can run better than most NFL QB's, and is loyal as hell and was one of the best 49er quarterbacks in history.

He deserves respect. And he may be an issue next year depending on the climate in KC.
[ Edited by 49erWay on Jun 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Only good feelings and well wishes for Alex Smith here. I hope he does well in KC, and I really think he will.
Not sure why this thread was bumped besides the lack of a current AS thread. I'm sure the usual suspects will show up soon and get this one locked too........
Originally posted by 49erWay:
What blows me away is the rude and frankly stupid attitude some people who claim to be 9er fans have toward Alex Smith.

Alex Smith not only set some all time 9er and NFL records, played with NO offensive line and subsequently had his shoulder blown out on a deliberate pancake sack, with NO receivers until Davis showed up, and STILL hung in there loyal and almost got an inferior team to the Superbowl with almost perfect passing accuracy.

AND he personally went searching for that beautiful poor girl who was abducted and never found, drawing tons of people to join searching for her.

No he isn't Montana, or Young, or Brees, or Kaep.

But I think there are a few too many "fans" here who are simply punks.

If KC gives Smith enough to work with he is going to win games that most QB's in the league wouldn't have a prayer of winning on their own. He's that precise and that smart. Madden and so many other greats have always said the team who turns the ball over in the playoffs loses. Smith doesn't do that often if he has a team with ANYTHING RESEMBLING an offensive line.

Yes I am glad we have Kaep of course, but sometimes I wonder about some 9er "fans."

Smith has class, intelligence, a solid arm, can run better than most NFL QB's, and is loyal as hell and was one of the best 49er quarterbacks in history.

He deserves respect. And he may be an issue next year depending on the climate in KC.

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Not sure why this thread was bumped besides the lack of a current AS thread. I'm sure the usual suspects will show up soon and get this one locked too........

ask and you shall receive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9plNqVr2qRo 1:23
Share 49ersWebzone