LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

How to save the probowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Stangel ‏@EricStangel

Guy just suggested to @MikeFrancesaNY instead of Pro Bowl, Jets should play Patriots & switch QBs. I'd watch!!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

@EricStangel @MikeFrancesaNY that might be the best idea I've ever heard.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

@RapSheet @EricStangel @MikeFrancesaNY That is an awesome idea. Would answer LOTS of questions on both sides.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM ]
lol @ the losing team paying money. not 1 person would go.
As much as I don't like the Pro Bowl "festival", it's garners ridiculously high ratings (it beat out our beloved Giants World Series), so theoretically, it doesn't need saving
The pro bowl is fine. It gets good ratings, its a tradition, and all the turnover of "injured" guys opting out just helps showcase the up and coming stars who didnt quite qualify for the selection in the initial vote.

People just like to watch their team get represented, and they like to see all the best players in the NFL together having fun. I dont see why its always on the "hot seat".
Two thoughts:

A. No

B. End it
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
the pro bowl is a joke most of the players opt out and its just a bunch of scrubs playing half ass.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch

People bang on the Pro Bowl- and it's ugly TV -but it averaged 12.5M viewers last year. For comparison, this year's World Series did 12.7M.
skills competition is still the way to go. 40 yard dashes, weight lifting, strongest arm, most accurate arm, longest FG...etc
Stop playing soft like a bunch of poosey's
Will still watch because it is football. Also it feels good watching it this year knowing we will be playing next week!

Oh now they want to play since the 49ers and ravens are not in it.
won't watch

redundant event for years now

going to watch The Raid: Redemption on my DVR like a bauce instead
haters gon hate. i like the pro bowl, especially all the mic'd up and watching some fun football. its even sweeter this year doe

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-bowl/0ap2000000131072/Foster-shows-off-comical-side
i watch it even tho it sucks because half ass football is better than no football. but yea i agree it is kinda pathetic to watch after the first half.

you know its a joke when QBs throw interceptions and go to the sideline laughing their a$$es off and high five-ing everyone haha
Looks like Goodell might make a stop to the probowl.
Share 49ersWebzone