There are 306 users in the forums

Chris Ault coming to 49ers?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
everything you said is true as a possibility. but then i feel our offensive staff has done such an excellent job even Ault says hes fascinated watching it play out on the big stage. Its the same as that high school coach who ran the fly sweep. Stanford staff has a day or two visit with him so he can teach them the concept behind that system. Either way we dont run a pure Pistol offense. we run elements of it but with our own twists on it. If were gonna get an offensive coordinator when Roman leaves one of the guys on the staff will be promoted. My money is Chryst. the guy who made the Vernon Post play.

Who also was a f**king terrible playcaller with the Chargers.

He's the Mike Lombardi of offensive coordinators, no thanks jeff.

I didnt say i agreed with it, it just looks like the next man up would be someone well versed in our system. Does harbaugh strike you as a guy who has complete understanding of our offense giving the reins to an outsider?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
they already visited with Ault when Harbaugh was at Stanford with his crew. and we have Kaep who ran the Pistol from its creation for four years in college. tehres nothing more Ault can teach Harbaugh about it

LOL......so there's no place for a creative offensive mind?

Clearly Ault doesn't know anything about offense besides the Pistol formation, everything else is a complete blank..................................................

damn chill with your sarcasm, youll pull a muscle. The guy is 72, retired and sitting at home. We got coaches who run the system and have already proven to be huge contributers on our team chances are if we hire someone it wouldnt be a Nolan and his "consultants" on offense being hired on a temp basis. I dont get why this is getting u riled up. Just doesnt seem to be Harbaugh's MO. When he was at Stanford he studied the fly sweep with that high school coach. He couldve hired him on his staff permanently but he didnt. Just visited with his staff for a day or two and that was that.

Personally i think thats brilliant. Id rather we visit with the innovators in the football world, pick a few pieces from here add our own and come up with our own unique system in the NFL. the new west coast so to speak
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
damn chill with your sarcasm, youll pull a muscle. The guy is 72, retired and sitting at home. We got coaches who run the system and have already proven to be huge contributers on our team chances are if we hire someone it wouldnt be a Nolan and his "consultants" on offense being hired on a temp basis. I dont get why this is getting u riled up. Just doesnt seem to be Harbaugh's MO. When he was at Stanford he studied the fly sweep with that high school coach. He couldve hired him on his staff permanently but he didnt. Just visited with his staff for a day or two and that was that.

Personally i think thats brilliant. Id rather we visit with the innovators in the football world, pick a few pieces from here add our own and come up with our own unique system in the NFL. the new west coast so to speak

The Bill Belichick model.
Originally posted by Jcool:

The Bill Belichick model.

yeh didnt Belichick visit Chip Kelly the same way and started to run New Eng up tempo offense? he didnt hire him to join the staff. I think it shows innovators whho are humble enough to learn more and more.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
yeh didnt Belichick visit Chip Kelly the same way and started to run New Eng up tempo offense? he didnt hire him to join the staff. I think it shows innovators whho are humble enough to learn more and more.

He has visited Urban Meyer as well while he was at Florida.
Really enjoyed the interview. Seems like a really smart X's and O's guy. Interesting about his take on the meeting he had where people left thinking they needed to pull out their resumes.

Sounds like a true innovator. regardless of what he does, next year will be interesting as the Pistol takes it's next step in the NFL, still a VERY new concept in the NFL.

OUR defense is going to have to have a plan to stop it next year for sure.

If I was Ault, I'd just be stoked to watch my invention take off and evolve in the NFL. I'm sure A LOT of NFL teams would love to hire him in some capacity,
I don't know anything about him aside from the basics. It would be a cool story to see him on the sidelines with CK next year, though.
Share 49ersWebzone