LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Ravens hire Juan Castillo to assist

Shop 49ers game tickets
Is this fair that you can bring in a guy for prep that hasnt been with you all season. I remember the Patriots did it too last year with McDaniels.

I just think itsb******t and it shouldnt be allowed.

Quick, lets bring in Parcells to go over game tape.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Is this fair that you can bring in a guy for prep that hasnt been with you all season. I remember the Patriots did it too last year with McDaniels.

I just think itsb******t and it shouldnt be allowed.

Quick, lets bring in Parcells to go over game tape.

It's alright, we no longer have Adam Snyder platooning with Chilo Rachal like we did the last time we faced Terrell Suggs and the Ravens on a short week. Didn't Suggs have like 4 sacks in that game? Alex freakin Boone is keeping the right side steady and plugged up, and Terrell Suggs is not the dominant force that he was last year. The only concern that I have is that Kaepernick doesn't get rid of the ball quickly enough and he doesn't take short outlet passes, always looking downfield. Against a tough defense like Seattle or Baltimore, YOU HAVE TO GET RID OF THE FREAKIN BALL QUICKLY!

I'm really worried about a veteran ball hawking safety like Ed Reed watching tape for two weeks and studying a near rookie's tendencies and how they read the field. Ed Reed and the DB's will have a gameplan that we have to counter with screens and a lot of play action to keep them off-balance.

We can't play Baltimore the way we played Green Bay and Atlanta, who are comparatively soft. Did you see what Bernard Pollard did to Stevan Ridley and almost anyone who came into his vicinity? Imagine if Kaepernick is in Pollard's sights or he floats one to Vernon or Randy Moss. Still, they are an old defense, so we may be able to stretch the field. LaMichael James is a key, just like I thought he was in the Atlanta game. Since we can't keep running Kaepernick like he did against Green Bay, LMJ becomes the guy to stretch the field on the ground. We should run some misdirection, screens and option runs to break Baltimore's ankles.
Don't be scared if their scared
49ers should bring in Chris Ault and Cam Cameron as offensive "consultants."
LOL aint nobody scurred of Juan Castillo
He f**kin sucks lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers should bring in Chris Ault and Cam Cameron as offensive "consultants."

f**kIN THIS
I'll just leave this here. Start at 4:15 (the whole video is hilarious though, but you gotta respect his passion ).

[ Edited by Protoman on Jan 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Originally posted by Eli_23:
He f**kin sucks lol

One does not spend 15 years in the NFL as a position coach if they suck. He isn't a DC nor should he have ever been moved there by Reid. He likely wasn't brought in to assist that side of the ball either. He probably was brought in to assist the Ravens TE's coach and young (by NFL coaching experience/standards) OL coach with preparing both those groups for pass pro. It's a smart by move by John to bring in a coach with whom he has coached alongside to help assure they are well prepared in the trenches.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

He f**kin sucks lol

One does not spend 15 years in the NFL as a position coach if they suck. He isn't a DC nor should he have ever been moved there by Reid. He likely wasn't brought in to assist that side of the ball either. He probably was brought in to assist the Ravens TE's coach and young (by NFL coaching experience/standards) OL coach with preparing both those groups for pass pro. It's a smart by move by John to bring in a coach with whom he has coached alongside to help assure they are well prepared in the trenches.

By your logic, just because he has been in the league a while he is good?

Originally posted by KRS-1:

He f**kin sucks lol

mike nolan is still coaching

so is singletary
Your argument is invalrod.
  • evil
  • Veteran
By your logic, just because he has been in the league a while he is good?

I never said he was good but he doesn't suck. He's obviously been doing a good enough job to remain in the league as long as he has, and has coached up some good OL in Philadelphia.

Explain why John Harbaugh would bring him in at this point, two weeks away from going into the biggest game of his coaching career if he wasn't a good positional coach ? John knows what kind of teacher he is.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
mike nolan is still coaching

so is singletary

Mike Nolan is a good defensive coach, just wasn't a good head coach. At least on his first go round. Perhaps he does better if he ever gets a second shot or perhaps he does not. Remains to be seen if he learned from his first stint, there are a select few that do succeed or have a better stint the 2nd time around.

But as far as a defensive coach and as a positional coach, yes he is a good coach. You could make an argument for his inabilities (or deficiencies) as a defensive playcaller but that doesn't reflect his ability to coach up a defense. He has a positive track record. You don't have to like Mike Nolan, but put the biased feeling aside from his years spent here.

Hard to say with Singletary, as he may be a good positional coach, however not everything that's heard or said about Sing is positive as far as his job in Minnesota goes. He definitely is not an X's and O's guy but that doesn't mean he isn't a good positional teacher. Not sure how much longer Sing actually will coach in the NFL but he may be a fit on certain teams under certain coaches considering the fact he is not considered much of an X's and O's guy.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Jan 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM ]
Please. You can totally be a terrible coach and find continued employment in the NFL. Jimmy Raye, anyone?

Positional coaches sometimes do get hired get because of name brand recognition (Mike Martz), or previous familiarity with the head coach. I'm not saying that either is the case with Juan Castillo, only that being good is not always required to land a gig.

John just probably wanted to pick his brain about how to best open holes in our d-line for Ray Rice. If you ask me, this is exactly what he should be doing. Coaches should do whatever is within their power gain a competitive edge (legally....Bill Belichick I'm looking at you).

So long as no rules are being broken, I have no problem with it.
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM ]

lol this lol
Share 49ersWebzone