There are 219 users in the forums

Why does Ray lewis get a pass on being super religious but Tebow was a lightning rod

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
You gotta be joking right? dude has been pretty well documented ad being a great team leader. that's all they have talked about in regards to Ray over the last 5/6 years. not to mention the relationship he has with many young players that he talks too. Now it's being overblown but this isn't anything new

He has been a leader but never heard him called the greatest leader in the history of sports till this playoff run.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
You gotta be joking right? dude has been pretty well documented ad being a great team leader. that's all they have talked about in regards to Ray over the last 5/6 years. not to mention the relationship he has with many young players that he talks too. Now it's being overblown but this isn't anything new

No its been well documented he is a great player and a leader on that team. I have never heard him referred to as the greatest leader in the history of sports till this playoff run.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM ]
Cuh he black
OJ Simpson is found not guilty of killing two people, yet he's still a murderer (and everybody apparently 'knows it'), but when Ray Lewis stabs a dude and is found not guilty of murder, but obstruction of justice, he deserves two Superbowl trophies. Get real.
talent.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
OJ Simpson is found not guilty of killing two people, yet he's still a murderer (and everybody apparently 'knows it'), but when Ray Lewis stabs a dude and is found not guilty of murder, but obstruction of justice, he deserves two Superbowl trophies. Get real.

So what you are saying is murder is more forgivable when an athlete is still playing?
I have been whatever about Ray Lewis, until recently... I'm really getting tired of him talking soooooo damn much. Now he is telling the Ravens' fans that they won't come back without a ring! WTF is he guaranteeing a win or what? I mean really... really getting tired of the this guy. Can't wait until Sunday so he can just STFU already.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

His friends who alledgedly stabbed the two men were acquitted.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

No its been well documented he is a great player and a leader on that team. I have never heard him referred to as the greatest leader in the history of sports till this playoff run.

Really? He has been a great player and a great leader for quite some time. It's been said over and over and IMO - it's very true and this playoff run is a testament to that.

I don't know about all time - I don't know enough about the football in 60s and 70s but of our generation - he is easily the best LB to play the game and possibly the best leader we have seen. His passion alone has turned games around for the Ravens, and this year - it turned around their season.

But, this is our year and he picked the wrong year to retire.
Because they all know Ray is a murdering fraud, where as Tebow actually believe that crap

Tim Tebow, Kurt Warner, and Ray Lewis--all equally crazy when it comes to hearing voices, talking to people who aren't there, etc. Theologically, they are all equally wrong. The difference is, when Ray Lewis talks, people listen. There is something about "Big Crazy" that makes you balk at chuckling at his looney toon a$$.

What would be interesting is to see what they would have to say to each other about religion/religious topics if they were all in the same room together. I have a feeling each one of them gets personal revelations.....a little differently.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

So....nobody stabbed the two men?? I can't wait to put on a white suit splattered with fake blood and dance at Ray's hall of fame speech. Hmmm, might have to wear it under a trench coat to get in.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Ray Lewis announced his retirement plans so you'd have a chance to properly celebrate him http://wp.me/p14QSB-75Jr
Haha Amani Toomer just ripped Ray a new one (PFT)
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

So....nobody stabbed the two men?? I can't wait to put on a white suit splattered with fake blood and dance at Ray's hall of fame speech. Hmmm, might have to wear it under a trench coat to get in.

Obviously someone did. The two friends were attacked and got into a fight. They claimed self defense.
Share 49ersWebzone