There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why does Ray lewis get a pass on being super religious but Tebow was a lightning rod

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Ray Lewis is a future HOF player who is going to retire at the end of this year. Even though he's over the top - he has earned the way he wants to celebrate his last few games.

Tebow is a back-up QB in the NFL...who shouldn't be playing QB.
I think Ray Lewis gets away with professing his faith more than Tebow is cuz it appears that DEFENSIVE players are viewed as more worthy of expressing their faith cuz of the roles they are favored to play on the field (rugged, tough, bruising, scary, etc.) Tebow is a QB. Tebow is on offense. I think it rubs folks the wrong way whenever they see an offensive player professes their faith for whatever reason especially for the QB cuz the QB is known as the leader of their team.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by titan:
I really am not offended with comments or care about Limbaugh or what network he's affiliated with. I am just trying to point out the sensitivy on commenting on certain race or ethnic group. In your eyes Limbaugh is guilty as charged!Racist beyond belief and the entire network that employs him too! Because he stated they want to see a black QB succeed, but in his eyes is average at best. The result....FIRED! First take commentator says Jeremy Lin is overrated. He is given a contract cause he is Asian and marketable. In your views that's a good marketing strategy!

I made my point!

Sigh.

Last response to you because you don't even understand what you're reading let alone able to intelligently discuss it.

There is a giant, Grand Canyon sized difference between saying the media only wants to see McNabb and black coaches succeed because of their color, and acknowledging that someone's race plays a part in how they're marketed.

Case in point:

I'll use LeBron James as an example.

Do you think it's by coincidence that his image is plastered all over shoe stores in urban neighborhoods? Have you noticed that by comparison you don't see as many of his advertisements in more rural areas?

Why? Because kids in said urban areas (many of them black) are more likely to buy his overpriced and often hideous shoes. Nike knows this, and for that reason will advertise his clothing/show line more prominently in those markets.

Same reason why McDonald's commercials in urban neighborhoods feature more black people. And in Hispanic markets the advertising is often done in Spanish.

It's called "targeted advertising" and is hardly a new concept.

Google it.

Limbaugh's comment was racist because he removed any possibility of there being a valid reason why those that support McNabb do so.

Never mind that he led his team to multiple NFC Championship appearances. Never mind that he was probably the best dual-threat QB in the game at the time. Never mind that statistically he ranked very highly in comparison to his peers.

Nope, people couldn't possibly like him because of any of that.

It had to be because he's black.

You are blind and one sided or just can't comprehend! You are going off on shoes, marketing and black urban kids. You think the entire network is racist cause he works for them. If you were to read and stop Googleng everything as your way of debate you already lost. You pretty much took 1000 post and pick the ones that you think are correct and mashed them on 1 post. So stop googling it really is bad for you. The post you put down are out of the topic kinda like when you google and everything pops up. Lebrons face is on the shoes cause he is the next best thing in the NBA. White, Black, kids, adults, and any race buy his shoes, so your GOOGLE MARKETING is a flop along with nowhere close to the initial topic. Don't google or come back with a topic or a graph on how many Asians eat hamburger, Hispanics like sodas, or % of blacks that like sweet and sour chicken. It doesn't relate to the post.
God's not real the joke's on him.
Nothing personal against the guy, but damn I am sick of hearing about him.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Did you guys know Ray Lewis is a part of a football team called the Ravens and they have a game against an awesome team named 49ers. Apparently media forgot or don't care!
Originally posted by jonr422000:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
cuz he's black

Originally posted by sdholland80:
Because Tebow is white, and Ray Lewis is black. You cant critizise Black people,because you will be labeled a racist.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Bingo!

Black people are allowed to be super religious, as if its cultural. People are afraid to say anything. When white people do it, theres no politically correct barrier, and it becomes target practice.

If Tim Tebow was on his knees at the 50 shedding tears, hands and eyes up to the sky praising God for his career, hed be ripped apart.
Shut the F**k UP!!!!! R U black? black and I thinki Ray Lewis is acting like a fool. What media outlet critizised Tebow? Tebow was the most talked about player for 2years and he sucked. Black or white the media is not going to critizise someone for being religious.

So much ignorance posted and I
Did some research on the Murder investigation and here's what I found, the white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the murders was never found. Lewis paid unspecified amounts to the families of the murdered men.
Harbaugh should come out dressed like Satan.
Ray Lewis is black so bashing him for his religious statements is racist.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Calling Ray Lewis a murderer is ridiculous. The two friends Lewis testified against...were not even found guilty few months after Lewis testified against them. They were acquitted because they acted in self-defense. It was an unanimous decision by the jury.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Did some research on the Murder investigation and here's what I found, the white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the murders was never found. Lewis paid unspecified amounts to the families of the murdered men.

That's because despite not being convicted of murder in criminal court the families of the victims could still sue him in civil court. Like the families of OJ's victims did.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Ray Lewis is black so bashing him for his religious statements is racist.

Plenty of people are bashing him and all of a sudden are re-calling his trial and talking about him having kids from several women.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Calling Ray Lewis a murderer is ridiculous. The two friends Lewis testified against...were not even found guilty few months after Lewis testified against them. They were acquitted because they acted in self-defense. It was an unanimous decision by the jury.

What testimony did he provide against them? He cut a deal in exchange for testimony against his friends but ended up saying jack squat in court. He gave the prosecutors nothing. It was very shady.

When did Lewis or his friends claim self defense? They claimed they had nothing to do with the deaths of the victims.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
What testimony did he provide against them? He cut a deal in exchange for testimony against his friends but ended up saying jack squat in court. He gave the prosecutors nothing. It was very shady.

When did Lewis or his friends claim self defense? They claimed they had nothing to do with the deaths of the victims.

No loose ends. Excellent Damage Control.