There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why does Ray lewis get a pass on being super religious but Tebow was a lightning rod

Ray Lewis can do whatever he wants. Relationships, Religion, Super Bowls, Prophesy, Murder, Acquittal, Final Tour, Dance. The one thing he can't do is run down Colin Kaepernick, and no matter how much Religion he preaches that's never going to happen.
Originally posted by leebert81:
I would bet my house that you haven't listened to him on his show for more than 10 minutes.

I would bet mine that you listen to him all the time. Which is probably why it needs to be explained to you that someone saying that people only want to see a player succeed because he is black is indeed quite racist.
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 24, 2013 at 7:33 AM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Ray Lewis can do whatever he wants. Relationships, Religion, Super Bowls, Prophesy, Murder, Acquittal, Final Tour, Dance. The one thing he can't do is run down Colin Kaepernick, and no matter how much Religion he preaches that's never going to happen.

One thing we can all agree on.
I think it is because Tebow does not fall into the category of "religion" He talks about his relationship with Jesus Christ and not a religion or referencing "God". If Ray was talking about Jesus as Lord and Savoir, I do believe there would be some more contreversary then there is now
Because ray Lewis gives awesome speeches (see madden intro) and this is just another way to motivate teammates

Tebow' seems more about spreading the word of god and was even in an pro-life commercial.
Originally posted by 49ersFan:
I think it is because Tebow does not fall into the category of "religion" He talks about his relationship with Jesus Christ and not a religion or referencing "God". If Ray was talking about Jesus as Lord and Savoir, I do believe there would be some more contreversary then there is now

this is an interesting point.
Originally posted by 49ersFan:

Exactly this.
Im just glad that, for once, the white man is getting the short end of the stick.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by titan:
So are a lot of commentators on both side of the race. If you haven't heard comments about slow, white, unathletic I guess you don't watch NFL network or Stephen A Smith.
But if his claim that McNaab is average and is overrated, then they need to fire more commentators.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XGiTv_xRd5A

I watch ESPN all the time. As I said earlier, I'm not aware of anyone making disparaging remarks about white athletes on the basis of their race.

This is the part where instead of trying to explain around it, you provide some actual proof.

I can't believe that! You didn't hear commentators saying anything about Jeremy Lin? The only reason why he is a big deal cause he's Asian?
I can't believe that! You didn't hear commentators saying anything about Jeremy Lin? The only reason why he is a big deal cause he's Asian?

The link you posted went to the video with Rush Limbaugh talking about McNabb.
  • titan
  • Veteran
That was a previous conversation. Gotta catch up!
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fip24:
Tebow, who seems to spend most of his free time doing missionary type work, has no credibility because he isn't a starting caliber quarterback?????
Following that logic, we should not revere Mother Teresa, Ghandi or Martin Luter King Jr as people of faith because they were bad athletes.

I was talking about the link you posted.

Only talk I've heard with respect to Lin only getting hype because of his race came from Floyd Mayweather. And he got plenty of criticism for that remark (yes, even called a racist), so I'm afraid I still don't see your point.

Bottom line is, you can't produce proof that commentators are openly making racist remarks toward non-blacks, because you have none.

You and I both know that if someone "went there" they'd probably be fired on the spot just the same as Limbaugh.

There is no conspiracy at work here.

Only your delusion.
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran

Only talk I've heard with respect to Lin only getting hype because of his race came from Floyd Mayweather. And he got plenty of criticism for that remark (yes, even called a racist), so I'm afraid I still don't see your point.

Bottom line is, you can't produce proof that commentators are openly making racist remarks toward non-blacks, because you have none.

You and I both know that if someone "went there" they'd probably be fired on the spot just the same as Limbaugh.

Only your delusion.

My point is the sensitivity when a comment is done to a black athlete by a commentator in this case a white commentator. Do you think what Limbaugh said was racist? I don't think so,! Do I agree with what he said? No cause I think DM is a good QB. So if you really think that comment he made was enough to get him fired them your just a pretty sensitive person. But here's a link for you it's not a real big deal in my opinion, but I seen people fired for less or equal to the same context, obviously! Around 3 min mark if you don't want to pay attention to the conversation and just get the snippets.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4LGfD5jM1Tc
  • titan
  • Veteran

Only your delusion.

Here's a local news for you! But he's Asian so it's not as big of a deal for it to make it to ESPN!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-1D_9XTaS4o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-1D_9XTaS4o