There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Originally posted by Cooper22:
Can we atleast change the title of this thread? Never heard one person call him dixie.. Sounds like a stripper name

this. wtf? We call him BIG DIX round these parts.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Can we atleast change the title of this thread? Never heard one person call him dixie.. Sounds like a stripper name

This and this
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
it boils down to the fact that we are looking at 5 running backs on the roster next season. Dixon wont be back so it would be nice to get somethign in return if possible. I dont see teams ringing the phone for him though

Right and that's the only reason they entertain the idea; if theyre looking to next years roster. They could move him for a late rounder but he more value to us THIS YEAR more than a 7th rounder. Sure if someone calls and offers a fifth, then yes, you take that into account and you most likely deal. But as someone else mentioned, theres other positions that can be cut from the team first.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This and this

big dix and boobie are his nicknames fo sho
I hope Dixon isn't traded, he's a team player, doesn't complain, produces when he gets opportunities, etc. If anything, trade K. Williams for a bag of of potatoes... at least you could turn those into french fries.
ya, dixon is valuable locker room guy.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Oct 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM ]
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I hope Dixon isn't traded, he's a team player, doesn't complain, produces when he gets opportunities, etc. If anything, trade K. Williams for a bag of of potatoes... at least you could turn those into french fries.

I would settle for potato seeds when I haven't eaten in two weeks.

Never thought I would say that. I think that's the meanest Ive ever been to a Niner player, lol
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I don't get it? Why trade and get rid of a versatile cog like Boobie to free up a roster spo? Why not just CUT KW and Nnamdi???

oh you can best believe them two dudes will be cut

I just can't believe Nnamdi has declined so much! Maybe we can trade him to Dallas. I know Jones had a man crush on him during free agency and they just made Calvin Johnson another $100 mil. They definitely need help.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I don't get it? Why trade and get rid of a versatile cog like Boobie to free up a roster spo? Why not just CUT KW and Nnamdi???

oh you can best believe them two dudes will be cut

I just can't believe Nnamdi has declined so much! Maybe we can trade him to Dallas. I know Jones had a man crush on him during free agency and they just made Calvin Johnson another $100 mil. They definitely need help.

as a cover guy i actually don't mind nnamdi. it just the fact that he cant tackle for s**t
Boobie is a good special teams player, can return kicks, and is a good #3 running back... MOST IMPORTANTLY he is a locker room guy and he is dependeble. Above all else he is a pure football player, was born to play the game. I'm not saying we have to keep him but I think he may have some trade value on a team like the Giants who have bought Hillis and Jacobs off the streets. With a guy like Dixon you don't have to waste a roster spot because he can do multiple things and he can give you decent production in the run game. Maybe a 4th+Dixon=Nicks???
ya, dixon is valuable locker room guy.

This is what I would be concerned with.

We have traded enough players but this one might have some negative impact on team unity.

If we did trade him I don't see what getting a 6th or 7th would do for us. The value he brings to the locker room far outweighs that.
Let him play out the season.
I think people need to realize that Dixon is short for this team.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy...but Kyle Williams may have just made it necessary to put LMJ on the active roster. That gives you 4 HBs. Even if you are OK with that, you have Lattimore possibly coming back late this year or more likely next. They don't need 5 running backs.

Dixon is a huge personality and a player with a lot of versatility, but if you can get something for him now when you are likely going to cut him next year anyway....do it. I like the guy, but this is the kind of stuff good teams do.
Boobie is a team player and gives it everything he has. If he stays let him return kicks, he can't be worse than KW.