LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
Explains why this team is looking at Toby Gerhart now.
Gerhart would replace Dixon but probably cost more. Don't see a need for either unless we plan on moving James or Hunter. Do we really need Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, James, Gerhart/Dixon? I guess Gore and Hunter could be gone after this year and if they planned on letting them go then maybe.
I always liked Dixon and felt like he could start on many teams out there, hes just been in Gore's shadow unfortunately. Cant wait to see what he does as a starter. wish him the best of luck.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Is he coming back in 2014? Wish we could keep him. #LOVERSOFBIGDIX

i'm a huge fan of Boobie but sadly it looks as though his time on the Niners has come to an end. just too many RBs ahead of him.

i'll continue to follow his career where ever he ends up. the guy's personal story is a good one. he's one of the good dudes in the NFL.

Agreed!
if he signs there maybe disgruntled titan fans will cherry pick video of him failing to pick up third and one vs the giants in the nfc title game from two years ago as proof he sucks

Oh god, dont remind me about that game.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Other than getting blocked in the back on special teams he's done virtually nothing for the team on game days. Surprised to see people are actually sad to see him go, but I guess that's what happens when a player has a funny personality. I did respect that he did whatever he could to scratch and claw his way onto the team last year, but he was a pointless player to keep on the roster.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

i'm a huge fan of Boobie but sadly it looks as though his time on the Niners has come to an end. just too many RBs ahead of him.

i'll continue to follow his career where ever he ends up. the guy's personal story is a good one. he's one of the good dudes in the NFL.

Agreed!
if he signs there maybe disgruntled titan fans will cherry pick video of him failing to pick up third and one vs the giants in the nfc title game from two years ago as proof he sucks

yeah Justin totally whiffed on his block. And they never had him on offense again. I swear these coaches try to be too cute.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Agreed!

yeah Justin totally whiffed on his block. And they never had him on offense again. I swear these coaches try to be too cute.
yes, having justin in there was just f**king stupid. i became a big dixon fan after that game because he upped his game and after the anger wore off i realized having justin smith in there to "block'" led to him unable to get that yard
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Watch him go to the Titans and run for 1,000 yards next season.

good, i hope he does. i would rather keep him than james but i bet we end up not keeping either of them
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
Other than getting blocked in the back on special teams he's done virtually nothing for the team on game days. Surprised to see people are actually sad to see him go, but I guess that's what happens when a player has a funny personality. I did respect that he did whatever he could to scratch and claw his way onto the team last year, but he was a pointless player to keep on the roster.
come on man. he has been good on special teams , has been a good goal line back in the last two years and has gotten a tough yard or two when need be and went out there and was respectable with kickoff returns,, plus a good guy in the locker room. its not his fault he has a guy like gore in front of him
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Was hoping he'd stay and gain 40lbs as a FB, and we could call him Dixie Normous

wrong nickname my friend.

• Disp
  • Veteran
He has been pretty decent on special teams, but I think you're romanticizing him a little too much. His career high season is 2 TD's, so I'm not sure how he was a good goal line back. We're basically talking about a guy who has made a handful of good plays in his entire career.
He has been pretty decent on special teams, but I think you're romanticizing him a little too much. His career high season is 2 TD's, so I'm not sure how he was a good goal line back. We're basically talking about a guy who has made a handful of good plays in his entire career.

how many times have we given him the ball? what has been his average?

like I said before, working hard and competing to keep his roster spot has made him the best all around player he can be. Now he can do alot of stuff, similar to what Walker brings to the Titans. I would not be surprised if Walker also gave some input on the type of player and competitor Dixon is to his Titan coaches....echoing Dixon's ex-head coach.

I do hope he gets a chance somewhere to compete....and not against establish Vet RBs like Gore. At least with the Titans, he'd be a change of pace back, if they keep Chris Johnson.
He always was the last one to fight for a roster spot at the last preseason games it seems.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

how many times have we given him the ball? what has been his average?

like I said before, working hard and competing to keep his roster spot has made him the best all around player he can be. Now he can do alot of stuff, similar to what Walker brings to the Titans. I would not be surprised if Walker also gave some input on the type of player and competitor Dixon is to his Titan coaches....echoing Dixon's ex-head coach.

I do hope he gets a chance somewhere to compete....and not against establish Vet RBs like Gore. At least with the Titans, he'd be a change of pace back, if they keep Chris Johnson.
my good friend afrikan made me see the light on how good of a player and team mate dixon is
The flying dix touchdown made having him in the roster this season worth it. I loved his attitude and I'll be sad to see him go but in the end we have too many talented backs to have him taking up a spot.
Share 49ersWebzone