LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
Delanie Walker is already a Team Leader in Tennessee... he's called out players on the team who don't put effort. The Titans message board already have an Idea who he is talking about. His and former Raven's safety Pollard high expectations are setting examples for the rest of the young players.

I can see Dixon being a team leader for which ever team he ends up with. Especially if it is a team trying to turn the corner. Dixon works hard, is versatile, and always positive.

I know some have and still doubt his running ability...some think he is slow, etc. But I've never felt that. Well at least when he shed some pounds to be a running back again. I think he has enough speed to be a starter. His vision has improved tremendously He seems to get as much yards as possible for plays he's given. No more dancing.

I hope he goes to a team that he can compete for a starting role...or at least a team that uses their back up RBs just as much as their starters.

I believe he still has fresh legs. He seems durable. Still very athletic. Although he might have hated it at first, but I think having Harbaugh make him compete and up his over all skills might be the best thing that happened to him. He is a good run blocker, pass blocker, catches passes, converts short yardage, is durable enough to be used to finish a game out to rest a starter, and can play special teams.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 4, 2014 at 12:50 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Delanie Walker is already a Team Leader in Tennessee... he's called out players on the team who don't put effort. The Titans message board already have an Idea who he is talking about. His and former Raven's safety Pollard high expectations are setting examples for the rest of the young players.

I can see Dixon being a team leader for which ever team he ends up with. Especially if it is a team trying to turn the corner. Dixon works hard, is versatile, and always positive.

I know some have and still doubt his running ability...some think he is slow, etc. But I've never felt that. Well at least when he shed some pounds to be a running back again. I think he has enough speed to be a starter. His vision has improved tremendously He seems to get as much yards as possible for plays he's given. No more dancing.

I hope he goes to a team that he can compete for a starting role...or at least a team that uses their back up RBs just as much as their starters.

I believe he still has fresh legs. He seems durable. Still very athletic. Although he might have hated it at first, but I think having Harbaugh make him compete and up his over all skills might be the best thing that happened to him. He is a good run blocker, pass blocker, catches passes, converts short yardage, is durable enough to be used to finish a game out to rest a starter, and can play special teams.

Maybe Dixon will go to Tennessee if/when Chris Johnson gets the swift kick in the a**. Compete with presumably a draft pick, Shonn Greene and unseat Jackie Battle in the process.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 25m
49ers RB Anthony Dixon is scheduled to visit the Tennessee Titans on Wednesday. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/dixon-scheduled-visit-titans ;…
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Is he coming back in 2014? Wish we could keep him. #LOVERSOFBIGDIX

i'm a huge fan of Boobie but sadly it looks as though his time on the Niners has come to an end. just too many RBs ahead of him.

i'll continue to follow his career where ever he ends up. the guy's personal story is a good one. he's one of the good dudes in the NFL.

Agreed!
Gonna miss you Boobie
I luv boobies but I've never been a fan of Dix.

gonna miss you boobz
goodnight, sweet prince

liked this dude a lot
Bets of luck at your new location.

Wow some of you guys are psychics. Sounds like booby is hoping to sign with Tennessee.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Is he coming back in 2014? Wish we could keep him. #LOVERSOFBIGDIX

i'm a huge fan of Boobie but sadly it looks as though his time on the Niners has come to an end. just too many RBs ahead of him.

i'll continue to follow his career where ever he ends up. the guy's personal story is a good one. he's one of the good dudes in the NFL.

Agreed!
if he signs there maybe disgruntled titan fans will cherry pick video of him failing to pick up third and one vs the giants in the nfc title game from two years ago as proof he sucks
Watch him go to the Titans and run for 1,000 yards next season.
Was hoping he'd stay and gain 40lbs as a FB, and we could call him Dixie Normous
Bye bye Boobie! Thanks for the help. I hope you see a greater opportunity to carry the ball more and reach your full potential. Best of luck.
Share 49ersWebzone