LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingairta:
Bye Dixon. I wont miss him. Rather get something then nothing.

how can you justify weakening our special teams and the fact that if he goes, our short yardage game takes a huge ass hit?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the niners would be stupid to trade dixon,.,. you trade him and suppose gore and or hunter get hurt? I guess then you would have to call korey sheets and the dreams of a part of the webzone would be realized
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we need to get LMJ incorporated into the game plan. Even if it means just being the K/P returner. We have to address the returner situation before Williams costs us a regular season or playoff game. I think we'll be fine without Boobie in ST if we decide to trade him.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think we need to get LMJ incorporated into the game plan. Even if it means just being the K/P returner. We have to address the returner situation before Williams costs us a regular season or playoff game. I think we'll be fine without Boobie in ST if we decide to trade him.

you know how i feel about your penis and lord knows i wish it were my own,, however i respectfully disagree with you. i do not trust james on punt returns and would rather have dixon/hunter do kickoff returns and cox do punt returns. i think we would see a big downgrade on special teams if dixon goes, we lose a valuable back up running back in case gore or hunter goes down, he is our best short yardage guy as well.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

you know how i feel about your penis and lord knows i wish it were my own,, however i respectfully disagree with you. i do not trust james on punt returns and would rather have dixon/hunter do kickoff returns and cox do punt returns. i think we would see a big downgrade on special teams if dixon goes, we lose a valuable back up running back in case gore or hunter goes down, he is our best short yardage guy as well.

Well, who ever we find to do k/p returns should be an upgrade over Williams. As far as Boobie, he going to be a free agent and the team is not going to bring him back, so getting anything for him is a plus. I agree, though he would be missed as a ST ace, but we can find someone else to fill that role. As far as a backup rb, I'd like to see LMJ in that role.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Well, who ever we find to do k/p returns should be an upgrade over Williams. As far as Boobie, he going to be a free agent and the team is not going to bring him back, so getting anything for him is a plus. I agree, though he would be missed as a ST ace, but we can find someone else to fill that role. As far as a backup rb, I'd like to see LMJ in that role.
understand, i just do not think james can get that tough yard on third and goal or that touchdown on fourth and goal,, i guess gore or ck or miller could do it but still would make me nervous. we agree on the returns, knowing our coaches, they will probably trade a valuable person like dixon and keep williams i mean they are the coaches, they are supposed to put the best players out there in the teams best interests... how can they justify williams on this team after sunday?
I think some peeps are giving Dixon way too much credit even as a special teamer. He hasn't stood out much lately and if the 49ers trade him it will be because the 49ers believe someone else on the roster can take his spot on special teams with no drop off. As far as Dixon on offense. lol! He's basically worthless even in short yardage situations. I'd rather see Miller or that #21 guy get those carries. He's pretty good. If the 49ers don't have someone else they like for special teams, I'll agree with cc that he wont be traded.

Williams unfortunately will remain on the roster until our other WR's are on the field and up to speed. You talk about injuries to Gore and Hunter but what if Boldin goes down before we get some guys healthy? IMO its the only reason Williams is still on the roster. If our other guys were closer to being healthy I believe he'd be inactive.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I think some peeps are giving Dixon way too much credit even as a special teamer. He hasn't stood out much lately and if the 49ers trade him it will be because the 49ers believe someone else on the roster can take his spot on special teams with no drop off. As far as Dixon on offense. lol! He's basically worthless even in short yardage situations. I'd rather see Miller or that #21 guy get those carries. He's pretty good. If the 49ers don't have someone else they like for special teams, I'll agree with cc that he wont be traded.

Williams unfortunately will remain on the roster until our other WR's are on the field and up to speed. You talk about injuries to Gore and Hunter but what if Boldin goes down before we get some guys healthy? IMO its the only reason Williams is still on the roster. If our other guys were closer to being healthy I believe he'd be inactive.
i think dixon is very good on short yardage. if your theory is correct about why williams is still on the team ok then i would trade a fifth round pick for some scrub wide out and kick williams to the side. if you theory is correct about williams, the coaches still can not make a case, in my opinion, for him back there doing kicks. we are so lucky we were not playing someone good who would make us pay for his screwups sunday.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Dixon is great on short yardage. i don't know what these guys think they have seen.
Yeah I don't get this stoopid logic...mine as well trade him for something if he doesn't resign. This dude plays 100% on every play. He is a valuable player who contributes.

Glad we kept him. Quality special teams player and goalline back. Great character too. Would have been ridiculous if we dumped him but kept KW.
I'm glad AD is still a part of this team, keep him on ST as KR, LMJ as PR, kick KW to the curb... and make sure the door hits him on the way out.
LOL at people suggesting we could get "up to a 4th rounder" for him. LMAOOOOOO
Originally posted by theduke85:
LOL at people suggesting we could get "up to a 4th rounder" for him. LMAOOOOOO

haha i didn't think we could trade anything for him at all. Third string RBs can be found on the street who have potential to become better then this. Arian Foster for example.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone