LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Dixon is the new Delanie Walker - he will go to some team who is able to give him much more than the 49ers can afford to pay him. In the meantime, I Baalke can get even a 6th for him, that will be a bonus.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Say NO to Dixie trades :( He's part of the soul of the team, we'd be mad to mess up the locker room.
He has been running much more decisively this year. Maybe he finally "gets it".
He could do some good on another team that gives him some touches
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Id honestly rather have him on the team that the 7th rounder he'd get us. There's quite a few players I'd get rid of before Dixon.
Originally posted by Antix:
Id honestly rather have him on the team that the 7th rounder he'd get us. There's quite a few players I'd get rid of before Dixon.

I'm waiting for the, "Well, a 7th rounder is better than nothing."
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Well, I'll say this.

- Dixon won't be a 49er in 2014. He'll go to a team that will giving him more playing time.
- Harbaugh eyed Owen Marecic this past season. He has ability to be an RB, FB, LB, and ST on our team.
- If we can get a 5th for Dixon, replace him with Marecic WITH MINIMAL DROP OFF ON ST, then we come out ahead.

And I'm sure Dixon wants more playing time. He seems like a guy that will appreciate the opportunity.

Not even close. Cmon geek, I expect better evaluation from you.
And we're not going to be getting a trade of that value so its not gonna happen.

Think a bit deeper. If we get outstanding trade value, then we'll trade him, no doubt. He's not untouchable.

Look, I don't want him traded. He's developed tremendously under Harbaugh and a great locker room and ST guy.

But Baalke has no trouble trading these guys for draft picks if it makes sense. We traded Haralson to the Saints, picked up a draft pick, and Skuta has been playing very well as his replacement. We traded Cam Johnson, too.

If we can get good value for him, I say trade him. If not, then we should honor the contract and let him be part of a team contending for the super bowl.
I'm not for or against a Dixon trade. He likely doesn't return in 2014. He could ask between $1 and $1.5 million a year. Too much for a backup RB/FB. When we need to lock up a much better all around back in Bruce Miller. So if we can get a draft pick, I am ok with it. Our STs is fine. Osgood, Ventrone, Dahl, Spillman, Morris, Skuta are doing good. Plus Miller, and when Moody comes back. Thats a solid Core. With most signed for a few years. I would think Osgood would get a new deal after 2013, he is worth keeping, especially since he gives us a spark on ST. Seeing a vet like him running down on Kicks and Punts is awesome. He is down there like that. Same for Ventrone. Morris has impressed me. Legit at STs, want to see more at CB, hopefully in garbage time.

Also Brock is decent finally. I would love to extend him soon. Hoping it's no more than $2.5M a yr. And I dont think Brown gets a ton from us. $5M a yr at most. But I can see him getting a big deal as a FA.
Keep Boobie Dixon this year for team morale. He deserves the ring we're going to earn.
bye dixon

wave a really big flag somewhere else

Bye Dixon. I wont miss him. Rather get something then nothing.
San Francisco 49ers returner Kyle Williams had a rough Sunday. He fumbled a kickoff, muffed a punt and ran another kickoff return out of bounds at his own three-yard line. Not surprisingly, Williams was benched and replaced by Anthony Dixon, who returned a kickoff for 47 yards. While the move said a lot about the struggling Williams, Harbaugh may have been quick to insert Dixon because the running back appears to be on the trade block.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/post?id=14147
  • thl408
Who would backup Miller if he can't play? Dixon has too much value to this team to be traded for a low round pick. He also seems to be a well liked player with the rest of the guys. Always a plus for a depth guy.
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but what about Compensation Picks? Baalke loves to accumulate picks. If you let him walk after this year he could earn as much as $2mill maybe? No idea how they calculate these things but looks like it is based on new salary, playing time, and postseason - in that order. You figure he gets the bump up and given his talent could garner quite a bit more playing time, it is not unrealistic to expect a 6th or 7th round compensation for him (albeit coming in 2015 draft). Given Baalke's penchant for accumulating picks, this would make sense, and we have a lot of 2014 picks already. Long story short - I think Niners entertain only 6th Rounder or better offers for him, and if not, roll the dice and expect something through the compensatory route in 2015.
Originally posted by thl408:
Who would backup Miller if he can't play? Dixon has too much value to this team to be traded for a low round pick. He also seems to be a well liked player with the rest of the guys. Always a plus for a depth guy.

My guess, if Miller went down, in game we would go with Celek or more jumbo packages. Then sign Owen M. again. Not many teams worry about a backup FB
Share 49ersWebzone