LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Anthony "Boobie" Dixon...aka Dixie

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I think people need to realize that Dixon is short for this team.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy...but Kyle Williams may have just made it necessary to put LMJ on the active roster. That gives you 4 HBs. Even if you are OK with that, you have Lattimore possibly coming back late this year or more likely next. They don't need 5 running backs.

Dixon is a huge personality and a player with a lot of versatility, but if you can get something for him now when you are likely going to cut him next year anyway....do it. I like the guy, but this is the kind of stuff good teams do.

baring any injury to gore, Lattimore will be placed on IR in a few weeks.

there have been reports that the 9ers dont want to cut people from the special teams (such as stupar, vertrone, osgood, morris) because the play has been so great. Dixon serves more of a role in special teams than Kyle does. I don't think dixon will be on the bench inactive if he stays on this team
agreed, they can afford to put latimore on IR because they dont need him. Dixon is a stud on special teams and he fires the team up. Kyle should be cut to make room for ANYONE. dude sucks. LMJ is a better returner anyway and im sure if we put him out at WR he can be more effective than kyle if we just run screens to him the whole time. kyle is absolutely useless to this team so I dont think Dixon will get cut before he does
i dont know. i love the guy. and every time it seems like he's out the door he fights to stay on the team.

Talbert
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
I agree! Dunno why they don't play Hunter more.

even if gore
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Big Dix >>> Fair Cyle
I promise you between pre-season and now Boobie has more highlights and significant plays on offense besides anyone not named Kap, Gore, Vernon or Anquan.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I promise you between pre-season and now Boobie has more highlights and significant plays on offense besides anyone not named Kap, Gore, Vernon or Anquan.

Big Dix! baby
Though I don't see any team actually willing to give up a draft pick for Dixon, I wouldn't have a problem with Baalke making a move.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Though I don't see any team actually willing to give up a draft pick for Dixon, I wouldn't have a problem with Baalke making a move.

Just read he's on the trading block as well.
I really don't get it. His value supersedes any realistic pick we could get for him. Also if a team values him THAT much, couldn't they just wait to sign him in free agency? I believe his deal is up this year. I want LaMichael James on the active roster as much as anyone, but I don't think moving Anthony Dixon is a necessity to do this. Also, considering he could potentially be a back-up running back on another team next season, isn't it a possibility that we could get a comp pick (probably a 7th) for losing him in free agency, pending we don't make any roster moves that would cancel the loss of Dixon out?

I want as many guys that had to endure the regimes of Mike Nolan and Singletary to win rings as possible.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I really don't get it. His value supersedes any realistic pick we could get for him. Also if a team values him THAT much, couldn't they just wait to sign him in free agency? I believe his deal is up this year. I want LaMichael James on the active roster as much as anyone, but I don't think moving Anthony Dixon is a necessity to do this. Also, considering he could potentially be a back-up running back on another team next season, isn't it a possibility that we could get a comp pick (probably a 7th) for losing him in free agency, pending we don't make any roster moves that would cancel the loss of Dixon out?

I want as many guys that had to endure the regimes of Mike Nolan and Singletary to win rings as possible.

If a team feels they could use/need him THIS season, then I'm sure we could get a 5th for him at bare minimum. A team like Dallas could use a guy like Dixon, no non-sense just goes out and does his job (multiple of them). I would perfer we keep Dixon, it's not like we need anymore late round picks anyways unless we plan on using them to throw in on a trade for Gordon.

as much as I like dixon i think a RB needy team will throw an offer out for him. hes a big young back whos also excellent on ST. the rams might even make an offer for him, but id be surprised if the niners sent him to a divisional foe unless they offered above market value for him. i have no idea what dixon would be worth in a trade but it cant be much
Teams who could use Dix ;

Steelers
Giants
Cowboys
Rams
Browns

If a team feels they could use/need him THIS season, then I'm sure we could get a 5th for him at bare minimum. A team like Dallas could use a guy like Dixon, no non-sense just goes out and does his job (multiple of them). I would perfer we keep Dixon, it's not like we need anymore late round picks anyways unless we plan on using them to throw in on a trade for Gordon.

Sure there are teams that could use him this season, but unless its that 5th round pick (bare minimum) that you mentioned, I say keep him. His true value is a 6th or a 7th, I think he's worth more to us than what another 6th or 7th rounder would bring.
I think Dixon is our best screen pass RB and our best RB for outside runs.

Best until LMJ gets more opportunities.

Sure there are teams that could use him this season, but unless its that 5th round pick (bare minimum) that you mentioned, I say keep him. His true value is a 6th or a 7th, I think he's worth more to us than what another 6th or 7th rounder would bring.

True. I want to keep him. Hell if he will take a modest deal during the off season I would resign him. He's a 49er to the core. Every team needs a guy like Dixon, who does some of everything and remains gracious and humble while doing so.
Share 49ersWebzone