LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm so glad Bowman was signed to a lucrative contract. Any chance you can lock up your young players who are producing is a huge reward for the longevity of the team. Bowman is proving to be one of the best players of the 2010 Draft.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like how Bowman stepped up with Willis out. That shows great leadership on his part. It feels good to know we've got Bowman there holding down the fort until Patrick gets back.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I like how Bowman stepped up with Willis out. That shows great leadership on his part. It feels good to know we've got Bowman there holding down the fort until Patrick gets back.

It also quells the notion that Bowman needs PW to be productive. Or he only looks great becuase of PW.

Bowman is out right his own man...and a flat out beast.
Beast man! Beast!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
breaking news! Bowman good.
I don't think Bowman can tackle as surely as Willis, but he seems to have more movement than Willis. Shed blocker quicker. Willis has more power and strength. Bowman seems a little quicker.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I don't think Bowman can tackle as surely as Willis, but he seems to have more movement than Willis. Shed blocker quicker. Willis has more power and strength. Bowman seems a little quicker.

But he dropped a pick six. Bench him.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

In all seriousness, I was thinking about that play. His night was already absurdly good. Imagine if he he picked that and return it for six! That would've made his night that much better!
Willis sets Bowman Up??? Are You serious?? Bowman played an outstanding game last night with Willis and Aldon. This Goes to show that BOWMAN is By FAR THE BEST LB IN THE NFL PERIOD!!!!! Dude has an all around game!!! I LOVE HIM!!!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think the dirty little secret is that Bowman may actually be the better (all around) LB between him and Willis. In terms of run support, coverage, and rushing the passer.

Bo let's his play do the talking, he has a natural humility.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

better yet, i think Trent can get a 7th rounder for him
This dude has the heart of Frank Gore. Holy cow!! THAT is how a superstar responds. Credit to Fangio for FINALLY playing him down hill and as a playmaker instead of being stuck in coverage. Why are you fans arguing over who is better between Willis and Bowman? LMAO. Sad!
Bowman played out of his MIND last night, and Wilhoite filled in admirably for Willis!

SF is now LINEBACKER UNIVERSITY!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Rubberneck brought up an interesting idea to me while we were watching the game. He said we should trade away Willis since Bowman is far superior. Get whatever we can for Willis.

I think he may be onto something.
Share 49ersWebzone