There are 191 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Haven't really heard anything about how he's coming along. Hope we get an update soon

I literally just posted one

I mean an official update from Bowman or the coaches

Fangio is a coach lol
Haven't really heard anything about how he's coming along. Hope we get an update soon

I literally just posted one

I mean an official update from Bowman or the coaches

Fangio is a coach lol

Oh my bad I didn't see that tweet from the previous page.
I think his first game back will be week 12 vs the Redskins to get his feet wet and will be a full go week 13 vs the Seahawks
Originally posted by cciowa:
i love bowman and we need him for the stretch run but i also like how michael and skuta are playing so we could afford to wait a extra week or two in my opinion

I agree but I'm still a bit disappointed by the news. PUP is for 6 weeks, the Seahawks game is week 11 so seeing that the Hawks game is "possible" means he probably won't even begin practicing until week 8 or 9, I was hoping he would practice as soon as eligible week 7 and play week 8 or 9.

You mis-understood what Fangio said. He was saying Bowman won't return to game action immediately off the PUP. I suspect he will start practicing at little. But it is going to take time to get back. That was a bad bad injury.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i love bowman and we need him for the stretch run but i also like how michael and skuta are playing so we could afford to wait a extra week or two in my opinion

I agree but I'm still a bit disappointed by the news. PUP is for 6 weeks, the Seahawks game is week 11 so seeing that the Hawks game is "possible" means he probably won't even begin practicing until week 8 or 9, I was hoping he would practice as soon as eligible week 7 and play week 8 or 9.

You mis-understood what Fangio said. He was saying Bowman won't return to game action immediately off the PUP. I suspect he will start practicing at little. But it is going to take time to get back. That was a bad bad injury.

How exactly did I misunderstand what Fangio said? If he's going 2 need a cpl weeks of practice before he plays and the Seahawks game is possible which is played week 11, then it's entirely reasonable to assume he won't even be practicing until week 8 or 9 and only possibly playing by week 11.
I hope bowman should rest and will playing next season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Here's an update.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/aldon-smith-expected-return-49ers-bowman
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM ]
How exactly did I misunderstand what Fangio said? If he's going 2 need a cpl weeks of practice before he plays and the Seahawks game is possible which is played week 11, then it's entirely reasonable to assume he won't even be practicing until week 8 or 9 and only possibly playing by week 11.

Your math doesn't add up, that's why it's confusing, but I understand you meant they would be cautious with him PLUS 2 weeks of practice.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I hope bowman should rest and will playing next season.

agree. bradford need in to come here for looksee for bowman?
Get healthy soon Bowman. We miss you.

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for facestabber.
Bowman had a devastating injury. As a multiple surgically repaired knees goes the recovery is a pain. Reports of him sprinting is great progress. But the reality of lateral movement, stopping and starting and more importantly tying up with 300lb lineman applying force the other direction is the important stuff. Granted Bowman is getting the best medical and therapy possible and I know is better off than I was through mine. As much of a luxury as having Bowman would be I would rather see him sit this year out. Dont hate folks, its only because I care.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I wouldn't mind keeping him out until the last couple of games this season to determine if he's ready for the playoffs.
He can give it a go on THXGIVING at the earliest perhaps but if ain't healthy fuggetta boutit
I say sit this guy all year. Let him get 100%. I'd hate for setback due to being rushed back. Open up a roster spot and let Wilhoite & Boreland continue (mostly Wilhoite). Navorro for my money is THE BEST LB in the NFL and its gonna take Longer then 7 to 9 months to Heal from that Gruesome injury. Hopefully Coaches & staff realize this and NOT rush him back this season.
Dude we got the best ILB... WILLIS AND BOWMAN OR BOEMAN AND WILLIS.
Share 49ersWebzone