LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by trogdor:
Don't jump to conclusions. Adrian Peterson came back from a similar injury and almost broke the single season rushing record. In today's world of sports medicine these types of injuries don't mean a diminished capability to play.

It doesn't mean that its guaranteed not to diminish a players skills either. There are countless examples of players never returning quite to form following injuries. Adrian Peterson is a terrible comparison. Peterson is a freak of nature and should never be compared to anyone.

Bowman was super human in the playoffs, we need him back!!!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
It doesn't mean that its guaranteed not to diminish a players skills either. There are countless examples of players never returning quite to form following injuries. Adrian Peterson is a terrible comparison. Peterson is a freak of nature and should never be compared to anyone.

Today is April 2.2014..
my buddy saw him at a signing yesterday or today and he was walking around. i figured he'd still be in a leg cast after an injury like that. get well soon Bo!
I think the Peterson recovery is the ACL recovery equivalent to the 4 minute mile.

Psychologically people are expecting the fast recoveries and we're seeing it.

I think Bowman's expectations now would be a lot different than if this happened in 2011.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He might be good as ever, but I'm expecting the worst. That way I won't be disappointed.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM ]
People are so negative here. I hope y'all aren't like that in every day life, you'd be Debbie Downer from SNL.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Bow will be back way before he's supposed to be. Season opener, he's on the field.

[ Edited by ChazBoner on Apr 3, 2014 at 5:39 AM ]
Navorro is appearing live right now on the show "FIRST TAKE" airing on ESPN2 (also Bill Williamson said he was visiting ESPN HQ on Tues., he meant Thursday and as usual was miswriting something like a moron). In case you miss it "First Take" will air again on ESPNEWS at 12 noon ET (so Navorro at 1pm ET/10am PT).
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Navorro is appearing live right now on the show "FIRST TAKE" airing on ESPN2 (also Bill Williamson said he was visiting ESPN HQ on Tues., he meant Thursday and as usual was miswriting something like a moron). In case you miss it "First Take" will air again on ESPNEWS at 12 noon ET (so Navorro at 1pm ET/10am PT).

Caught the tail end and what I saw was nice - it was good to see him walk around the table slowly at the end of the interview with no noticeable difficulty (I haven't seen anything recently about how he is doing)

Originally posted by socal9er42:

Caught the tail end and what I saw was nice - it was good to see him walk around the table slowly at the end of the interview with no noticeable difficulty (I haven't seen anything recently about how he is doing)

He had a meet and greet at the Sunvalley Mall on Tuesday and a couple of my friends were there and saw him walking around like normal

He's also coming up on the live morning "Sportscenter" (ESPN) in a few minutes.
Can't believe they started the interview with highlights of his injury. Brought back nothing but bad memories. Get well soon Bow!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Can't believe they started the interview with highlights of his injury. Brought back nothing but bad memories. Get well soon Bow!!

Yeah that sucked but his interview on SportSCenter was much better than the "First Take" program. He was talking to actual football players (ex-NFLers Darren Woodson & Brian Dawkins). He's also due for a 3rd interview coming up on the show "Numbers Never Lie" airing now on ESPN2.
What's up with the pro football talk article on the front page? Really? For a second it sounded like he tore his ACL during rehab. Damn jackasses rehashing old s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone