There are 408 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Well this is wrong, Luke Kuechly won Defensive POY

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/4979/wrong-inside-lb-wins-defensive-poy

Agree with the article. If they were going to give it to a ILB, it should have been Bowman. Kuechly is a great player. Bowman was better. But like so many of these awards, it's often the guy who had a "breakout" season who gets the edge. Bowman sustained that level of play, and more, for over 3 seasons,

for real.....hmm DPOY to 3peater all-pro or to this kid who was was propped up all season long by the media and just barely lived up to their expectations.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 1, 2014 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Well this is wrong, Luke Kuechly won Defensive POY

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/4979/wrong-inside-lb-wins-defensive-poy

Agree with the article. If they were going to give it to a ILB, it should have been Bowman. Kuechly is a great player. Bowman was better. But like so many of these awards, it's often the guy who had a "breakout" season who gets the edge. Bowman sustained that level of play, and more, for over 3 seasons,

for real.....hmm DPOY to 3peater all-pro or to this kid who was was propped up all season long by the media and just barely lived up to their expectations.

Better to be popular than better.
Wow it take some serious bias to f**k that one up that badly. The fact he didnt even get one vote is absolutely disgusting.
Not a single vote. F*CK that!

FAIL.
robbed, but what's new?
  • sfout
  • Veteran

FAIL.

Lol the fact that Bowman plays next to Willis only underscores his achievement that much more.....Then to see that Willis was that dominant despite missing so much time just shows how badly Bowman was robbed.
In my humbled opinion i would have given him the DPOY After watching that Goal line play. Gets his leg jacked up but refuses to let the ball go. I dont know what else i can say.
I didnt think Bowman was going to win DPOY. He was definitely deserving of the award but so was Watt, Sherman, Thomas, Quinn and Mathis. Keuchly wasnt deserving at all and he was very overrated this season. If you are going to give the award to a MLB, give it to Bowman. I wouldnt have been upset if any of the other players I named have won, even Sherman.

It's a popularity contest. Bow not getting one vote shows East Coast bias.
Originally posted by sfout:
Lol the fact that Bowman plays next to Willis only underscores his achievement that much more.....Then to see that Willis was that dominant despite missing so much time just shows how badly Bowman was robbed.

Yup. They ranked #1 and #2 despite constantly competing with each other to make plays. That's amazing.
The NFL hates the 49ers with a passion, it's not just sour grapes, they f**king hates us. The '11 Champinship game fumble non-call, the Superbowl non-holding call, the Bowman non-fumble.

The NFL has resented us since carving our Dynasty of the 80s, and we paid for it in a lot of Cowboys/Packers games in the 90s.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Feb 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM ]
I'm not surprised he didn't win it, but I think he should have. I'm very surprised Kuechly (sp?) won. I think Mathis, Quinn or Thomas should have won if not Bowman. And the fact that he got no votes at all baffles me. He was in discussion for candidacy for a long time and then it seemed like when the playoffs started people kinda stopped talking about him. very weird.

Side note, too bad Reid didn't win DROY, even though I know there were other candidates who were maybe more deserving (also im still mad aldon didnt win it in 2011)
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It's a popularity contest. Bow not getting one vote shows East Coast bias.

But didn't Sherman and Thomas get their fair share of votes?
Share 49ersWebzone